Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Graham Potter the next big manager?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shhhhhhh!

FFS

:facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Brighton have a really good track record with their recent signings". He says and then cuts to the board with Ali J on the 'subs bench'! :lolol:

Decent video and I agree with a lot of it. Not sure how long he'll be at the Amex for, but he's certainly proved a lot of doubters wrong. Having said that, it's probably a *little* bit early to put him in the same bracket as Kloppo and Pep.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I lost interest at “Yves Bissouma sometimes takes one of these midfield roles” :smile:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Potter was recruited to play a style of football that Mr Chairman wanted to see. If he were to bugger off to a "big club", I'm confident that Mr Chairman will have a new manager lined up to continue playing the same style of football.

No biggie.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure they guy in the video knows as much as the thinks/hopes he knows...

Anyway, GP appears to keep himself fit so dont think he will be big anytime soon.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What's wrong with a good old white board? With marker pens and a damp cloth?

Several times that bloke couldn't get the arrows to work. A whiteboard pen would have done the same job, more reliably.

Sometimes the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented.

IT systems are supposed to save time and effort, not increase it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes, that was a bit of an off-putting moment!

I thought that was just a useful way of not referring to the recent night club incident.

But the inclusion of Jahanbaksh on the bench, and reference to Alzate as a recent signing were a little odd. Otherwise, an interesting little video.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Potter was recruited to play a style of football that Mr Chairman wanted to see. If he were to bugger off to a "big club", I'm confident that Mr Chairman will have a new manager lined up to continue playing the same style of football.

No biggie.

If only if it was so simple! Finding a GraPott clone who can implement his style, tactics, someone possessing his emotional intelligence, temperament yada yada, along with developing players the way he does, not to mention finding like-for-like replacements for Billy and Bjorn...

A GraPott doesn’t come along very often or we’d all have one and so would all football clubs.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He's been here, what 2 years?
Ignore the swallows circling, his "Summer" has still to arrive, he still has much to prove.

Whilst he is good here, getting quarts out of pint pots and mixing with the big-boys, all the big clubs need managers who have proven they can deal with the massive player egos that come with any footballer who's been brought for £30+m.
Many a decent manager has lost the dressing-room of a mega-club [and, soon after, his job].

GraPott is not daft, he won't make a big-club move until HE knows he's ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here