Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aussie Player Comes Out

Jan 30, 2008
You suggested that she was asked to leave due to intolerance and linked that with her not being gay. It appears this may not have been the case but something else.

You now say you don't have the full facts- excepting that someone took offence to something.

In response to this query you respond in a juvenile way with a silly video link.

As you were.

Yes and I'm sticking to my guns over it , if you dont like that well there's nothing I can do about it
Thats a popular track by electric six btw
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
No. It isn't!

'Many people are racist, but as long as they are tolerant of black people then quite frankly that is the best we can hope for'
Many people are anti-semitic, but as long as they are tolerant of Jewish people then quite frankly that is the best we can hope for'

Sounds just awful doesn't it?

I'd say we can hope for better than that!

Being gay isn't a 'lifestyle choice' to be disapproved of but tolerated. It's a fundamental, unchangeable, part of who you are. Saying that you disapprove of someone being gay it is to say that you disapprove of who they are. Effectively to disapprove of their existence.

In my opinion, straight people often underestimate how important our sexuality is to the way we conduct day to day life and social interactions, and thus how important it is to our identity. So it's sometimes hard to understand the need to 'come out' without a bit of imagination/empathy.

It's a bit like some lesbians saying they dont like men ?

Regards
DF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No. It isn't!

'Many people are racist, but as long as they are tolerant of black people then quite frankly that is the best we can hope for'
Many people are anti-semitic, but as long as they are tolerant of Jewish people then quite frankly that is the best we can hope for'

Sounds just awful doesn't it?

I'd say we can hope for better than that!

Being gay isn't a 'lifestyle choice' to be disapproved of but tolerated. It's a fundamental, unchangeable, part of who you are. Saying that you disapprove of someone being gay it is to say that you disapprove of who they are. Effectively to disapprove of their existence.

In my opinion, straight people often underestimate how important our sexuality is to the way we conduct day to day life and social interactions, and thus how important it is to our identity. So it's sometimes hard to understand the need to 'come out' without a bit of imagination/empathy.

plenty of black people are racist too , and arabs , chinese and indians.....ffs , wake up ...!!

Jan 30, 2008
If you don't agree with homosexuality you have a right to say so , I dont see a problem as long as you're not being abusive about it

Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't know the full facts she would have been with others in the Bar she Likes a laugh some person took offence and she was asked to leave ?

Regards
DF

So the daughter of a household with a Father who is a proven racist, anti-semite, scrounging, nazi supporting homophobe gets asked to leave a gay bar, but you don't know the details.

No, I can't start to imagine what she might have done :lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would agree Brighton Lines, over Pride those bars a rammed, and I can NEVER recall anyone being asked to leave at anytime unless they or their group were causing an issue. Pride is no longer a gay only thing and tens of thousands of straight people get tickets for the party in James St, if she was asked to leave for being straight then why werent all the rest? There is more to her story than either she or PPF is letting on
So more details needed before this can be taken at face value

Absolutely. I have never heard of this happening.

And taking anything ppf says at face value is jeopardy in and of itself.

The St James Street bars at Pride are rammed as you say. There is neither the time or the space for bar staff going round detecting whether somebody is "gay enough" to be in the bar. It's a complete nonsense,

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I don't know the full facts she would have been with others in the Bar she Likes a laugh some person took offence and she was asked to leave ?

Regards
DF

so she is in a gay bar, and offends customers and there is surprise that she was asked to leave. Having a laugh at others expense and upsetting them does seem to me to be a very good reason for asking them to leave, be they LGBTQ or Straight, in any location. If what you say is correct, she doesn't seem a very pleasant person and it was her behaviour that resulted her being asked to leave, not her sexuality which is what you categorically stated in your first post about this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you don't agree with homosexuality you have a right to say so , I dont see a problem as long as you're not being abusive about it

Regards
DF

Or deceiving folk into believing a situation occurred in a certain way even though you don't have the facts, in such a way us to undermine it.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Regards
DF

You do know that saying that makes as much sense as saying you disagree with someone having blue eyes, or black skin, or blonde hair

Saying you disagree with homosexuality IS BEING OFFENSIVE AND ABUSIVE, in the same way saying you disagree with someone being black is racist. What exactly would you have me do about my homosexuality? Do you really think its a choice, and if you do think that, can you please tell us all when you chose to be straight, because if I can choose to be gay, you made a conscious decision to be straight. If you did not chose to be straight but just are then you have to agree I didnt chose to be gay. That makes you a homophobic bigot

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You do know that saying that makes as much sense as saying you disagree with someone having blue eyes, or black skin, or blonde hair

Saying you disagree with homosexuality IS BEING OFFENSIVE AND ABUSIVE, in the same way saying you disagree with someone being black is racist. What exactly would you have me do about my homosexuality? Do you really think its a choice, and if you do think that, can you please tell us all when you chose to be straight, because if I can choose to be gay, you made a conscious decision to be straight. If you did not chose to be straight but just are then you have to agree I didnt chose to be gay. That makes you a homophobic bigot

I'm looking forward to the racist homophobe's response to this!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

there are a lot of people who lack the neuroplasticity to get along with and/or accept those who are different to themselves.......this is a worldwide phenomena , unfortunately it covers colour , religion , tribe , sexuality and caste (amongst numerous others), it's a worldwide issue , unfortunately....:shrug:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008

Absolute rubbish nick and you know that people have morals, so you're gay but that doesn't mean I have to agree with Homosexuality ,as I said it's ok for some lesbians to hate men
Regards
DF

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Absolute rubbish nick and you know that people have morals, so you're gay but that doesn't mean I have to agree with Homosexuality ,as I said it's ok for some lesbians to hate men
Regards
DF
As long as you understand that whether you 'agree with it' or not is completely, totally and utterly irrelevant.

Its as ridiculous as if I were to say that I don't agree with people having blue eyes, or dark hair.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Regards
DF

Does propagating violence at football matches come under your moral banner too ?

[MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION]

Don't be offended by PPF. He is a lone voice of archaic oddity. In a sense he is needed though. Just to remind folk not to be complacent that such people don't exist.

He's a Manchester United fan too. So one wonders why he frequents this board.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughter in law was asked to leave a gay bar in Brighton (pride weekend )for being to straight ,so much for being tolerant ?
Regards
DF

You say “too straight “

Are there degrees of ‘ straightness’?

Can you be a little bit straight, or is that bisexual?

I’m a bit confused now about my straightness, if I consider a man to be handsome, am I being not straight enough?
This has opened whole new can of worms for me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Aren’t there many female players who are out?

I don’t really pay much attention to other people’s sexuality so I’m not very up on these things. I don’t recall al the small minded homophobes making a fuss about it, so is it only male homosexuality that upsets them?

Perhaps [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] could set me straight ( pun fully intended)

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Regards
DF

Please enlighten me as to which part(s) of my post is rubbish?

Is it the choosing of sexuality- I assure you I in no way chose to be gay and go through my teens and twenties terrified of being outed- it would have cost me my job and I would have ended up in military prison , and it did and frankly does affect my mental health to this day

Is it the bit about you choosing not to be gay- you know that day you woke up and thought, hmmmm shall I be straight or gay?

Do you really think those thousands of people who live in misery because of being gay choose to do so, or the thousands of young gay people who kill themselves because family and friends turned their backs on them chose to be gay and suffer.

Or in the countries where young teens are still EXECUTED chose to be gay

As for some Lesbians hating men simply because they are men, that is not right, just as some men hating gays because they are gay isnt right, I would point out of all the lesbians I have met not one hated men because they are men, some hated SOME men because those men were homphobic abusive bullies- and that IS right

The one thing we agree on is that there is a lot of rubbish in this thread, the vast majority of it though is is from you

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I see the word "Tolerated" quite a lot, which to most of you probably seems a reasonable thing to say, Its great that LGBTQ.. people are now "tolerated" a lot more-

can i ask that before saying you are tolerant of us, you actually take a moment to think about what you are implying by using Tolerate.

This isnt me being a snowflake, and getting offended for no reason, its me pointing out one reason why a well known sports person has to think before stopping hiding and living a lie.

tolerate
/ˈtɒləreɪt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past tense: tolerated; past participle: tolerated
allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one dislikes or disagrees with) without interference.
"a regime unwilling to tolerate dissent"

Personally I don't want to be "tolerated" , because that implies you are just putting up with me and wont make too much of a fuss. You tolerate the occasional student party, you tolerate watching the other halves awful tv program so you can have an easy life, you tolerate a slightly overdone steak in a restaurant because you dont want to make a fuss.

What you shouldn't do is just about put up with LGBTQ people because you dont want to make a fuss, or be seen in a bad light

How about you view us as the same as you, and dont just tolerate us, but fully accept us as equals without any qualification.

Would you say you "tolerate" someone from a different ethnic background, or gender working with you, or using the same shops, or being part of your social circle, I certainly hope you wouldn't even need to think once, let alone twice about that, yet I hear that I am tolerated and thats just great and dandy and I should be pleased.

I just started reading this thread from the OP and immediately thought the same when I saw the use of the word 'tolerate'. My finger was getting ready to hit the reply button to seriously question the use of the word which is just plain wrong ... thankfully I then saw your post which said exactly what I was thinking :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here