Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Postman Pat.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I watched two episodes on Sunday morning and was astonished to see that he has a helicopter now. His round is for a fairly rural area where there is little traffic.
I couldn’t believe it. No wonder a book of stamps is so expensive nowadays.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I watched two episodes on Sunday morning and was astonished to see that he has a helicopter now. His round is for a fairly rural area where there is little traffic.

It’s not just a helicopter. He can select from a whole host of different vehicles including motorcycles or a 4x4 depending on the specific requirements of the task he has been given. The Royal Mail have needed to keep ahead with such strong competition from competitors, especially in the parcel industry. You can clearly see that their current facilities and set-up are world class, they look like a great place to work, I might have a peek on their website for vacancies today.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You think that's impressive, you should see the gear they give to DOGS to perform rescue activities on Paw Patrol. One was driving a JCB the other day.

If the Royal Mail had any bizniz sense, Jess would be driving the van to cut costs in the face of such stiff competition.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Long Live Pat & Liz

12.-The-Queen-768x860.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I feared the worst when I saw the thread title.
Long live Postman Pat.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It’s not just a helicopter. He can select from a whole host of different vehicles including motorcycles or a 4x4 depending on the specific requirements of the task he has been given. The Royal Mail have needed to keep ahead with such strong competition from competitors, especially in the parcel industry. You can clearly see that their current facilities and set-up are world class, they look like a great place to work, I might have a peek on their website for vacancies today.

It's worth pointing out that this investment has happened off the back of the Post Office being privatised. Under Government ownership, Pat just had his crappy old red van and just ONE old lady helping at the sorting office. Not only has automation been introduced in the special delivery service but there is more diversity within the office environment promoting 2021 cultural values within the delivery industry.

We would never have seen such advances if CORBYN had got in.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's good to see that Greendale's Postperson Pat (He/Him) still maintains a degree of standards and wears smart trousers, tunic, tie and cap.

Round here, Postperson Pat (He/Him) strolls about in a pair of combat shorts, a grubby orange hi-viz and drops elastic bands all over my drive, FFS.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's good to see that Greendale's Postperson Pat (He/Him) still maintains a degree of standards and wears smart trousers, tunic, tie and cap.

Round here, Postperson Pat (He/Him) strolls about in a pair of combat shorts, a grubby orange hi-viz and drops elastic bands all over my drive, FFS.

Yeh we got all that, plus with all the crap they carry, our post lady walks with all the finesse of a hod carrier.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Mate you should see our breakroom, bowling alley, fully stocked bar, Sky Sports. Its only me and Mrs Goggins and she hates football.

This is what I use when I want to finish early.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 091642.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Our regular postie is a man. Post at 09:15 without fail every day. His recent holiday cover was a lady. Post turned up very late every day. I think this is the reason women get paid less than men?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's worth pointing out that this investment has happened off the back of the Post Office being privatised. Under Government ownership, Pat just had his crappy old red van and just ONE old lady helping at the sorting office. Not only has automation been introduced in the special delivery service but there is more diversity within the office environment promoting 2021 cultural values within the delivery industry.

We would never have seen such advances if CORBYN had got in.

I always understood that Postman Pat worked for the Royal Mail. So, presumably this investment has been done thanks to a still nationalised industry and the public purse.....:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here