Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Which bird will you be roasting this Christmas?

Which bird will you be roasting?

• Turkey

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Goose

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Chicken

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Pheasant

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Guinea Fowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nut Roast

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • 3 bird roast

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 4 bird+ roast

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Not celebrating

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Pigeon

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No shortages if you are willing to buy a frozen bird now and you have room to keep it in the freezer til crimbo.

The problem will be getting the millions of fresh Turkeys slaughtered, packed and delivered to the shops in the last 10 days before the day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now that’s not very nice, all he asked was what bird you we’re you roasting for Christmas. :whistle:

gammon.PNG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Turkey, with all the extras.

[The only annoyance, I’m the cook]

Followed by a choice of Christmas Pudding or Chocolate Yuletide Log.

Then a general lethargy, dozing off due to the feast.

I bloody LOVE cooking Christmas dinner......all morning in the kitchen, radio blaring and a nice glass or two of wine on the go and NO-ONE else is allowed in there.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A quorn ostrich (Quostrich). It'll be a shrunken version though, only 2ft high. The neck will have a bulge in it, and once we've gobbled through the factory-made frozen bird from the feet upwards, we'll find a quorn hedgehog, inside whose tummy we'll find a sprout. But not just any sprout. A lucky sprout we're to pickle and keep the year around. Last year my brother, Ken, ate to there first, and in the last 12 months he's not been arrested for countless crimes. 1 year, i tellsya, i'm getting that sprout.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I bloody LOVE cooking Christmas dinner......all morning in the kitchen, radio blaring and a nice glass or two of wine on the go and NO-ONE else is allowed in there.

So it’s not just me ….. I don’t want anyone else in the kitchen at that time :lolol:.

My parents sometimes visit, or we have another Xmas lunch for them a couple of days beforhand and they always arrive far earlier than arranged …… my fussing Mum is steered to the lounge, I need to concentrate.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Last year we decided that we don't want a Christmas day cooking and also arguing with the kids about eating their dinner. Therefore our Christmas dinner was a take away from our favorite curry house. It was an excellent decision and something we are doing again this year.

Then we will enjoy a 'traditional' Christmas dinner at the in-laws on boxing day.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Has to be an organic Turkey from Canhams butchers with chestnut stuffing . I buy 6 lbs of Italian chestnuts , boil them to soften them , peel them then stuff them in the bird with a tiny amount of olive oil . Once cooked chestnut stuffing is so nice , sweet and creamy .

It’s not cheap as Italian chestnuts are usually around £10 per lb and it’s quite time consuming but it’s worth every penny .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has to be an organic Turkey from Canhams butchers with chestnut stuffing . I buy 6 lbs of Italian chestnuts , boil them to soften them , peel them then stuff them in the bird with a tiny amount of olive oil . Once cooked chestnut stuffing is so nice , sweet and creamy .

It’s not cheap as Italian chestnuts are usually around £10 per lb and it’s quite time consuming but it’s worth every penny .

The chestnuts are more expensive than the bird!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You know that the Winterval Holiday Period is upon us when Crodo kicks in with the bird roasting / xmas tv threads.

Turkey

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You might buy Italain chestnuts.....or they might be Chinese.

A few years back an Italian consortium of producers, Castel del Rio, said it had found 5,000 tonnes of chestnuts on the market bearing its name, when it produced only 550 tonnes!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Four Legs Bad

Turkey is not just for Christmas, it's for Boxing Day as well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I do like to indulge in a multi bird roast at Christmas if Mrs Crodo agrees to it but this year I think I won't be greedy and I'll just stick to a single bird to roast.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Last year we decided that we don't want a Christmas day cooking and also arguing with the kids about eating their dinner. Therefore our Christmas dinner was a take away from our favorite curry house. It was an excellent decision and something we are doing again this year..

This is what have done a number of times in the past and will probably do this year. As a family we unanimously despise roast turkey with a passion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here