Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Get well soon Liz

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I was discussing this with Mrs LLF tonight.

What would happen if she dies just before Christmas?
Period of mourning etc.

Better not, we’d lose that extra days bank holiday for her 400th jubilee next year, if she is going to die wait until July, then we’ll get another day off, then another one the next year when Charlie gets corinated.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Hope she is feeling better soon. When the inevitable happens it will be the only time I feel all the sadness and public outpouring of grief will be completely justified. I am not a royalist but she is like the mum of our country and the consistency she provides is reassuring.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A life of service that she promised. Not many people of her age still working. Whilst there are many questioning her existence, there are more who recognise what she does and has done for the country. I’m getting old and she has been there all my life. Shame she won’t take more of a back seat and chill for her remaining years. Give Charles a go - he’s got a bit more acceptable with age.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think she has been an amazing queen.

However, she is exactly the reason why she should be our last monarch. We deserve a monarch of her capability, dignity and strength. all the time. It is highly unlikely the new King will live up to her expectations, bin the family off after she dies (hopefully well into her 100s).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
God help if anything happened to Liz, [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] , they're like your grandparents, aren't they :angel:

Steady! Attila is the same age as me ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think she has been an amazing queen.

However, she is exactly the reason why she should be our last monarch. We deserve a monarch of her capability, dignity and strength. all the time. It is highly unlikely the new King will live up to her expectations, bin the family off after she dies (hopefully well into her 100s).

I actually think Charles will pass on the opportunity to be king, William would make a very good King, I think he would make changes to the whole ethos, making them more relevant to todays society.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
She'll need to rest up, those HGVs won't be driving themselves in the new year...

TBH she's earned a rest, most people would have retired from their jobs 30 years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She'll need to rest up, those HGVs won't be driving themselves in the new year...

TBH she's earned a rest, most people would have retired from their jobs 30 years ago.

She is qualified to drive an HGV, and do the mechanics.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She has my best wishes. She’ll get my respect when she sorts out her (alleged) paedo son and gives some of our land back to us.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wonder when our Berlin poster will be along to make a snide comment, unless of course he’s still sulking after being banned from the MP thread [emoji23][emoji23]

Oh and get well soon Ma’am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
She’ll get my respect when she sorts out her (alleged) paedo son.

Not sure she is responsible for someone his actions in another country, never mind this.
He is a vile man though and she should make a stand, how can you stand by someone if guilty.

and gives some of our land back to us.

Not sure it makes to much of a difference if she has the land or which ever government takes control of it and sells it off to a rich friend at a knock down price. Either way, you, I or bob from Skelmsdale won't be given it will they...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not sure she is responsible for someone his actions in another country, never mind this.
He is a vile man though and she should make a stand, how can you stand by someone if guilty.

Not sure it makes to much of a difference if she has the land or which ever government takes control of it and sells it off to a rich friend at a knock down price. Either way, you, I or bob from Skelmsdale won't be given it will they...

I see what you’re saying but it should be given back to the people to roam on. Make it public again. They never will but then I never expect to respect a woman who has so very much and gives relatively very little back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here