Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Get well soon Liz

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I actually think Charles will pass on the opportunity to be king, William would make a very good King, I think he would make changes to the whole ethos, making them more relevant to todays society.

Whilst I think that you are right about William, this does not conform with my republican agenda.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I see what you’re saying but it should be given back to the people to roam on. Make it public again. They never will but then I never expect to respect a woman who has so very much and gives relatively very little back.

Not wanting to send this into the bear pit, or argue with you.
However I think, (and it is just an opinion) that she has given far more back than the average politician or average person in this country, and mostly for the good of the country and commonwealth. It is a poisoned chalice to be honest, all that wealth and yes lovely lifestyle, but is it ? constantly being scrutinised, criticised, and hated, she does not comment on political issues, travels far and wide to promote this country on behalf of which ever political party is in power, promotes various good causes. To say she gives very little back is not fair, Janet from Cleethorpes with six kids and a massive council house, probably gives nothing back, the spongers in this country and we have them, take far more if added together and they give nothing back.

For the record, I do think it is time for a massive downsize of the royal family and Andrew should go to America to face accusations.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Liz?

It’s ma’am to you, proletariat scum!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I have massive respect for her and the graft she has put as a servant of the country. To still have her workload at the age of 95 is truly impressive.

But as we have seen recently through the behaviour of some of her family. I'm not sure the monarchy has moved along with the times. This is not necessarily her fault - but she does represent the protocol and attitudes of a bygone age - and I do think modern society has developed in a way the monarchy has not responded to. The sycophantic coverage of her in the press drives me nuts, it is almost as if she is beyond criticism. You could argue this is fair enough but given Andrew's antics and her tacit support, it would have been nice to seen a modicum of criticism from those not regarded as anti monarchist cranks.

FWIW I think Charles should let William do it as well. He is out of touch with modern society in a way William is not. We'll only see some tangible change in the monarchy's behaviour when he takes over.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surely at 95 she would deserve to move to Bahamas, sit on the beach drinking cocktails and watching grahampotterian football.

Always been astounded by how much power she has compared to any other European monarch, you think this will change once she.. moves along?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here