Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Infrared heaters

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Does anyone on here use those new-fangled infrared heaters in their home? Our central heating system isn’t ready for replacing yet, but one of our radiators is, and so we thought we might get ahead of the game and replace it with an electric heater. Are they any good? I’m a bit concerned that they don’t seem as …cosy… as traditional central heating.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We have several 3000kw ones in a semi enclosed space at work. It's a long story so I won't explain why we have them, but I will add that we also have solar panels, so they're not a total extravagance.

The heaters give instant heat when you turn them on. And I mean INSTANT! We turn them on at the 1000kw setting then increase them if needed. The heat they chuck out at 3000kw is incredible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have several 3000kw ones in a semi enclosed space at work. It's a long story so I won't explain why we have them, but I will add that we also have solar panels, so they're not a total extravagance.

The heaters give instant heat when you turn them on. And I mean INSTANT! We turn them on at the 1000kw setting then increase them if needed. The heat they chuck out at 3000kw is incredible.
You're right. 3000kw is indeed incredible! That would probably heat a whole stand at The Amex - and fry anybody who walked too close!

D

Deleted member 2719

What happened to saving the planet?

Put a jumper on

No need for a jumper or even a shirt, when I start my diesel generator up to power my 10kw infrared heater in my man cave tin shed.

Mind you, you do need to make sure you turn frequently or scorching can be an issue.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You're right. 3000kw is indeed incredible! That would probably heat a whole stand at The Amex - and fry anybody who walked too close!

:lolol:

Yeah but what's a K between friends :blush:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you’re putting one in a bedroom be sure to check it doesn’t make a noise when in use.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dimplex Q rad would be my recommendation just remember if you ever sell or rent your property unless you have the new energy efficient storage heaters you will get a very low energy rating on your EPC.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
With respect to those offended on another thread today, in a confined space it could literally be a holocaust (with a very small 'h', obviously)!!

[MENTION=15734]Harry Wilson’s tackle [/MENTION] has his disciple. Very sad from both of you. He let himself down. You haven’t.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just buy a new radiator.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here