Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus rashford spoty?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Isn't this years SPOTY award, alternatively known as "the Emma Raducanu Sports Personality of the Year as sponsored by Emma Raducanu?"

Marcus for all his great deeds hasn't had a vintage year on the pitch

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He absolutely deserves it but I suspect Emma Raducanu will win it. :(

Edit oops. Too slow :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get the sentiment but isn’t it actually an award for a SPORTING achievement, in which case Rashford wouldn’t even make the cut!

The award title is a misnomer

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He won a special award last year, didn't he?

England may well win team of the year for the best tournament performance since '66, but even in a successful Olympic year for Team GB I'd be astounded if anyone comes close to beating Raducanu.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
He won a special award last year, didn't he?

He did.

Mark Cavendish who equaled (or beat?) number of TdF stage wins would've been a shoe-in before Radicanu's amazing win in the States. She's definitely got it. Good for her

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I get the sentiment but isn’t it actually an award for a SPORTING achievement, in which case Rashford wouldn’t even make the cut!

It’’s SPOTY not SAOTY, so the P doesn’t mean you have to be good at anything sporty!!!! 😀

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think people can get too hung up on the word 'personality' in Sports Personality of the Year. My interpretation is that it is just old fashioned language for sports person of the year. A bit like 'television personality' (TV star). SPOTY had been going since the 50's (I think... correct me if I am wrong).

My vote will go to Mark Cavendish, as his achievements this year, in equalling the all time record number of Tour de France stage wins was seriously impressive, and I love a good underdog/comeback story. However, even I can see that Radicanu is unbeatable this year.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Will be quite interesting to see what happens Tyson Fury-wise as well

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And likewise Little Lewis Hamilton gets dissed because people don't like his personality :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I must confess my first response when I saw the thread title was this was going to be about Rashford's acne :facepalm:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure why I’m getting involved (!) - I can’t stand the programme and it’s presenters. Presumably it’s going to be Lineker, Scott, Balding, Richards, etc presenting again, and standing ovations all round Bring back Carpenter and Coleman!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think he definitely deserves some kind of award, but not SPOTY. That should – and almost certainly will – go to Raducanu.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not sure why I’m getting involved (!) - I can’t stand the programme and it’s presenters. Presumably it’s going to be Lineker, Scott, Balding, Richards, etc presenting again, and standing ovations all round Bring back Carpenter and Coleman!

Would be a little gruesome for my viewing tastes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is the current bet365 SPOTY betting without Raducanu. Can't see Rashford? Well he's a bit further down the list at 66/1

IMG_20211026_145227.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here