Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Brilliant!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Bit harsh on the guy who had clearly never heard of the ancient poet. Doughnuts is definitely the best guess in that case.

I read the Illiad and the Odyssey when I was a student (a few decades ago) and I don't know the answer, so I reckon going the comedy route would have been my choice anyway.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So.... was it doughnuts? The clip just repeated before the answer came. (Pizza would be my second guess).

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I had to watch twice before I got the Simpsons reference, I was wondering wtf anyone would say doughnuts,!

In fairness to the guy, in the stress and heat of the moment he probably only heard Homers and food and his mind went straight to doughnuts which is reasonable. Very unfortunate for him though!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Having always avoided the Simpsons at all costs, I had never heard of Homer Simpson let alone knew he only eats doughnuts.

Oddly, the other contestant was equally as dim as she thought the answer was doughnuts too.

I have had no classical education but even I had heard of the phrase "Ambrosia of the gods".

The kids today eh.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Having always avoided the Simpsons at all costs, I had never heard of Homer Simpson let alone knew he only eats doughnuts.

Oddly, the other contestant was equally as dim as she thought the answer was doughnuts too.

I have had no classical education but even I had heard of the phrase "Ambrosia of the gods".

The kids today eh.

Your loss (although it's gone on WAY too long now and even I avoid the later series).

However the drawback with being a fan is I can no longer hear the name 'Homer' in any context without immediately thinking of an overweight yellow cartoon man. D'oh!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The kids today eh.

Could be argued that both of them are common knowledge by now.

Could also be argued that not having heard about any of them probably has limited impact on anyones life quality.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Your loss (although it's gone on WAY too long now and even I avoid the later series).

However the drawback with being a fan is I can no longer hear the name 'Homer' in any context without immediately thinking of an overweight yellow cartoon man. D'oh!

I assume by "later series" you mean everything made for the last 20years or so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here