Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Rap music

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Any good recommend
actions, I'm currently into trying
out new genres of music. Currently into classical and rap. My previous go to was punk and heavy stuff but as ive got older I've been trying out new stuff. It's good trying out new music. All the best lads and lasses.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Dictionary definition of an oxymoron.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Any good recommend
actions, I'm currently into trying
out new genres of music. Currently into classical and rap. My previous go to was punk and heavy stuff but as ive got older I've been trying out new stuff. It's good trying out new music. All the best lads and lasses.

If you're looking for rap music, you'll do better to listen to the genre of the late 70s, 80s and early 90s.
It's not so much rap these days, but grime and auto tune and people with squeaky voices.

I give you Kurtis Blow......

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What kind of stuff do you want? Are you more interested in wordplay or story telling for example?

The UK rap scene is in an incredible place right now, so happy to give you a list to get you started.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
In that genre, I’ve kind of got stuck on Rory Ferreira (also previously went by the names milo and Scallops Hotel, but most recently as R.A.P. Ferreira)

Would recommend “So The Flies Don’t Come” by milo and/or “Purple Moonlight Pages” as R.A.P. Ferreira for introductions.

I also like Aesop Rock, although he’s got a bit hung up on an isolationist vibe on some of his later stuff. None Shall Pass is old but a good introduction, or you could just dive straight in with Spirit World Field Guide, which is his latest and also a great guide to whether you’d want to hear any more.

https://youtu.be/_HZa6UWW2H8

https://youtu.be/2RecBY1Mh-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Illmatic by Nas, definitely in the conversation.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here