Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] A manager uses an inappopriate adjective. Thoughts?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is the quote:

During a post-match press conference on Saturday, Mr X told reporters:

"I said to the lads during the week, 'the team's almost like musical chairs'.

"Someone gets in and does well but then gets suspended or injured.

"Someone gets in for a game, does well but then has a holocaust, a nightmare, an absolute disaster."

The BBC web page then helpfully points out that

"The Holocaust, carried out by the Nazis during World War Two, claimed the lives about an estimated six million Jews."

In the tackle houshold, Mrs T and I think the manager should be reminded that some people may be upset by the use of a holocaust, which could be confused with The Holocaust, as an analogy for something, and would be advised to choose his words more carefully in future.

Apparently there have been some calls from some quarters that the manager be sacked.

Without looking up the case and the identity of the manager, what are your immediate thoughts?

PS PLEASE DON'T REVEAL THE NAME OF THE MANAGER OR COMMENT IN A WAY THAT REVEALS THE NAME OF THE MANAGER. WE CAN DO THAT LATER.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Here is the quote:

"Someone gets in for a game, does well but then has a holocaust, a nightmare, an absolute disaster."

"The Holocaust, carried out by the Nazis during World War Two, claimed the lives about an estimated six million Jews."

In the tackle houshold, Mrs T and I think the manager should be reminded that some people may be upset by the use of a holocaust, which could be confused with The Holocaust, as an analogy for something, and would be advised to choose his words more carefully in future.

Apparently there have been some calls from some quarters that the manager be sacked.

Without looking up the case and the identity of the manager, what are your immediate thoughts?

99% of footballers and football managers aren't very bright.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was a **** as a player, and now proving to be the same as a manager.

You didn't read my post very carefully, did you? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
99% of footballers and football managers aren't very bright.

Is the right answer. Graeme Le Saux excepted of course. And Big and Little Bamber.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Here is the quote:

PS PLEASE DON'T REVEAL THE NAME OF THE MANAGER OR COMMENT IN A WAY THAT REVEALS THE NAME OF THE MANAGER. WE CAN DO THAT LATER.

People always say things that court publicity for themselves, a 'look at me moment' for want of a word.
This person has done it on numerous occasions and will never change!
They should be sacked or severely reprimanded, IMO of course.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t know who we are talking about but a holocaust can just be about being consumed by fire

It must be le saux then

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People always say things that court publicity for themselves, a 'look at me moment' for want of a word.
This person has done it on numerous occasions and will never change!
They should be sacked or severely reprimanded, IMO of course.

But what would you have thought had you not known who made the quote?

I think he was stupid to say what he did - sounds like hyperbole On Fire - but it was bad judgement not malice. I also think that there is a massive dog whistle reaction here. What on earth are leaders of the Jewish 'community' doing pouring over interviews with lower league football managers? FFS stay focused on the real Nazis! We have one who is allowed to post on NSC, FFS! Das Reich. Look up what Das Reich means. Some on here think he's a 'good bloke'. Perspective? Hmmm.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t know who we are talking about but a holocaust can just be about being consumed by fire

And there we have it. Quite.

See what you think, later, when I reveal the name of the manager. I hope you won't join the lynch mob. I'm a big fan of using the right tools for the job.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Holocaust is a noun, not an adjective...we all get things a little bit wrong from time to time.:)

I suspect that the manager in question didn't really mean to say "holocaust" but was reaching for another word as it doesn't really make sense otherwise. Horrorshow perhaps?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I had not known who made the quote, I would've thought that they were an uneducated moron, who doesn't really understand the concept of their quote.

Fair enough.

However, you did know who made the quote so I cannot discount your confirmation bias.

I fairness, had it been Colin Wanker, and I knew it was Colin Wanker, I would have said exactly the same as you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like something Joey Barton may say........about his level of intelligence.

That was naughty. You knew, of course, or guessed from some of the replies. :shrug:

Now it is out in the open, let's BURN him. Burn in Fire. FIYA! Mash him up.

<sigh>

What it must be like to live a life as a free hit. :shrug:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
That was naughty. You knew, of course, or guessed from some of the replies. :shrug:

Now it is out in the open, let's BURN him. Burn in Fire. FIYA! Mash him up.

<sigh>

What it must be like to live a life as a free hit. :shrug:

I honestly didn't know. But it didn't take an awful lot of working out what moron would say such a thing. Sorry if I spoilt it:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand what you're trying to get too by keeping the manager's name a 'secret'.

The word only has one context.
A context everyone is aware of.
It most definitely isn't a word thats said accidentally.

Irrespective who used it they've told me all I need to know about them, by virtue of the fact they did.

On tonight's John Oliver programme he has a quite phenomenal apology from the head of the Chicago Police Union.
Oliver didn't have to show the 'inappropriate' words initially used, just the apology.

It's quite something.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fair enough.

However, you did know who made the quote so I cannot discount your confirmation bias.

I fairness, had it been Colin Wanker, and I knew it was Colin Wanker, I would have said exactly the same as you.

Honestly I heard the back end of the BBC news on R5Live, where Joey Bartons name was mentioned......
2 + 2 = :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Honestly I heard the back end of the BBC news on R5Live, where Joey Bartons name was mentioned......
2 + 2 = :thumbsup:

Good man. Your honesty is commendable and I would not have expected less from you.

In my lab we do blinded and randomized experiments. Also known as experiments (as opposed to pissing about and trying to prove my point). If I were a self aggrandiser and ponce, I would put 'seeker of truth' or somesuch in my strapline. Now, where did I see that recently? JCrumplim? Futy...footie.... generous....geni...? No it's gone. :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here