Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Liverpool Off Day, Please

el punal

I’m going up to Anfield next Saturday with my grandson to watch the mighty stripes. I’m hoping, praying, that Liverpool have got their tonking of Man Utd out of their system and that they revert back to normal human being status to give us a bit of a chance. Having United playing like complete lemmings definitely helped their cause and as for us I won’t want us to perform as carelessly as we did at Norwich.

Our second half performance against City showed huge strength of character after the first half drubbing. If we can replicate that against Liverpool we just might earn ourselves an unexpected point. May the Gods of Football look down on us kindly. :angel:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I think we can get something. They're likely to be complacent and a little burnt out with how well they've done, there fixtures are mounting up. We have just been well beat however we had a strong second half and hopefully by next week a full strength squad. If we don't concede in the first half hour I back us but only if we take the one or two chances we do get.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd say it is 95% likely they will win the game and saving my prayers for another day. Bit better chance if this was a home game but now its just... getting something from this looks a bit gloomy.

Hopefully not a stomping.

Shrugable game. Part of me just wants to get it over with, waiting to hopefully crush the Saudis.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just like Man City, Liverpool's defence isn't all that, relatively speaking. A re-run of our 2nd half pace down the flanks v City might just pay similar dividends. There's a clear blueprint there, tho nullifying their attack is the glaring problem obviously. Worst case scenario: we get another sound beating BUT the lessons learnt from last saturday and next saturday might stand us in very good stead for the more winnable games to follow

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Liverpool weren't completely on their game yesterday, they were very clinical but a lot of their fans said they have played better in other matches, which is a scary thought.

With Salah in the form that he's in and us clearly missing Bissouma's mobility & tough tackling in midfield, I'd say 99 times out of 100 they will win the game. Perhaps a defeatist attitude, but the game is a completely different scenario to our win at Anfield last season, when they were missing some of their most influential players.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’ve won at Anfield 3 times since I’ve been watching The Albion.

So what Questions, so flipping what .

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
If we had Bissouma we'd have a slim chance. Seeing as he probably won't be back, we can be happy with a good performance and pick up points in future games.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Bookies have an implied 80% chance of a Liverpool win.

So, objectively we stand a chance, but it's the hope that kills you.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I would not recommend placing a bet on us to get any points. But this is football - there is always a chance of a minor miracle.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Also going to Liverpool and staying a few days we are treating it like a mini holiday, few nice things booked and football is a bonus.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just like Man City, Liverpool's defence isn't all that, relatively speaking. A re-run of our 2nd half pace down the flanks v City might just pay similar dividends. There's a clear blueprint there, tho nullifying their attack is the glaring problem obviously. Worst case scenario: we get another sound beating BUT the lessons learnt from last saturday and next saturday might stand us in very good stead for the more winnable games to follow
Man city have the best defence in the league !!

Liverpool on the other hand are struggling at the back (relatively speaking). They conceded 3 against Brentford, so it will be fascinating to see how potter sets up. Hopefully we try and keep it tight first half and frustrate them.

Bring on lamptey and mwepu second half and go for it a little bit.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
You never know. The come down from yesterday' s high may mean they can't get going again to the same level. It does happen sometimes in sport. Even if they play to the same level I don't think we'll roll over quite as easily as Man Utd did.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man city have the best defence in the league !!

Liverpool on the other hand are struggling at the back (relatively speaking). They conceded 3 against Brentford, so it will be fascinating to see how potter sets up. Hopefully we try and keep it tight first half and frustrate them.

Bring on lamptey and mwepu second half and go for it a little bit.

Maybe the case, but we ran them ragged in that second half

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We defend pretty well but in the panic of pressure we have a tendency to give the ball away too easily, and this is where we have let goals in. It will be a difficult one against Liverpool as they are relentless. If we can calm down a bit there will be opportunities to catch them on the break and make a good game of it. I’d be happy with any result other than a hammering. We are still well placed in the table and are quite capable of getting results against most of the teams in the league in order to finish in the top half (which would be fantastic).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here