Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Most productive football academies in European football

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Interesting that Brighton are nowhere to be found on this list. Will this change in the next few years I wonder?

Great under 23s and recruitment but clearly still work to be done.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2021/wp353/en/

AFC Ajax tops the CIES Football Observatory 2021 rankings of clubs having trained the most footballers playing in 31 top divisions of UEFA member countries. The Dutch team nurtured 81 players currently active in these championships, six more than Shakhtar Donetsk. Real Madrid and Barcelona co-head the table for players active in the five major European leagues

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Next few years is a bit optimstic perhaps but... in the not too distant future, you would hope and think so!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting that Brighton are nowhere to be found on this list. Will this change in the next few years I wonder?

Great under 23s and recruitment but clearly still work to be done.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2021/wp353/en/

AFC Ajax tops the CIES Football Observatory 2021 rankings of clubs having trained the most footballers playing in 31 top divisions of UEFA member countries. The Dutch team nurtured 81 players currently active in these championships, six more than Shakhtar Donetsk. Real Madrid and Barcelona co-head the table for players active in the five major European leagues.
No Chelsea there either, despite hooovering up youngsters left right and centre and loaning them out all over the place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"The Albion's academy not close to the Ajax level"

In other shocking headline news:-

Today is Monday.
Tonight it will gradually get darker.
Tomorrow it will become lighter.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No Chelsea there either, despite hooovering up youngsters left right and centre and loaning them out all over the place.

Yup, a bit surprising that one.

Should be mentioned that this list only goes for the 31 top divisions, meaning Championship (a better league than most of the top divisions) and League 1 (better than quite a few) are not counted and that has some impact on the list as English players have less of a reason to move to a league abroad when they can just go down a division or two instead.

Still funny to see a Swedish 3rd tier team (Brommapojkarna) on the list.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
In the top 31 league, a lot of the teams at the top of this list are just the big teams of their countries. Ajax are notorious for hoovering up talent from smaller clubs who end up back at these clubs as a senior pro. I imagine some of the Serbian clubs have just produced players that have stayed in Serbia but play in the top league that counts towards this metric, whilst as mentioned by an earlier poster, in England they just move down leagues.

The better metric is the big 5 leagues. Whilst most in this one are all clubs are that are relatively big, it better illustrate quality that each club have produced.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
"The Albion's academy not close to the Ajax level"

In other shocking headline news:-

Today is Monday.
Tonight it will gradually get darker.
Tomorrow it will become lighter.
Errr no if you actually open the link there's about 100 clubs listed there of which I think Chelsea are about 50th.

Maybe actually read the article next time rather than come out with yet another smart ass comment.

Regardless I don't see why we can't compete with Ajax. The infrastructure is there. Is not as if they're throwing a lot more money at it they just have the pedigree. Give us 5 years and let's see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Errr no if you actually open the link there's about 100 clubs listed there of which I think Chelsea are about 50th.

Maybe actually read the article next time rather than come out with yet another smart ass comment.

Regardless I don't see why we can't compete with Ajax. The infrastructure is there. Is not as if they're throwing a lot more money at it they just have the pedigree. Give us 5 years and let's see.

So it's ok for you to come out with smart arsed comment Interesting that Brighton are nowhere to be found on this list with your customary every so slightly negative stance, but it's not ok for someone to reply in kind.

Of course The Albion's 8 years old (?) academy isn't on the list.
There isn't a single metric available that could make that happen.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Producing a dozen players who are currently playing in the bottom half of the Belarusian premier league isn't particularly impressive.I

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So it's ok for you to come out with smart arsed comment Interesting that Brighton are nowhere to be found on this list with your customary every so slightly negative stance, but it's not ok for someone to reply in kind.

Of course The Albion's 8 years old (?) academy isn't on the list.
There isn't a single metric available that could make that happen.
Again.....

If you had actually opened the link there is a list of players that have been supplied to the top 5 leagues from academies and Norwich , Fulham and the mighty reading are in that one. So your assertion doesn't really hold much weight.

Open the link !!! Have a read it's interesting

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Shock.

Just because the club constantly tell us the academy is wonderful doesn't mean it actually is.

Since it opened, only in the last couple of seasons have we seen anyone come through. And these are mainly players we've signed shortly before they've turned adult.

Give it another decade and with the amount of resource Bloom is pumping into the academy we'll be right up there.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here