Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] David Beckham, $150 million, Qatar

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ironically I would say that those who don't read the Daily Mail tend to be the most open minded of folk.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Depressing but not surprised.
He was part of our bid team, he was outspoken about it not going to Qatar. What’s changed? 150 million things apparently.
I’ve got nothing but grudging respect for the Beckhams though, billionaire status off the back of making the most of their talents.
She was a bang average pop star and he was in the right place at the right time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Inter Miami, Haig Whisky, Ambassador for Qatar - what a complete bag of shite.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ironically I would say that those who don't read the Daily Mail tend to be the most open minded of folk.
But refusing to look at a link because it leads to a perfetly factual and balanced story that just happens be in the Daily Fail (someone's found the link for you; you don't have to buy the paper, let alone read the whole of the paper or lap up the editorials) is exactly the same bias, stereotyping and narrow mindedness which keeps other factions trumpetng their virtual signaling by not readng The Guardian or the New Statesman.
Two lots of opposed closed minds, all of them bissfully believing that only the other side is the one with closed minds - bigots vs. bigots.

Last edited:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Depressing but not surprised.
He was part of our bid team, he was outspoken about it not going to Qatar. What’s changed? 150 million things apparently.
I’ve got nothing but grudging respect for the Beckhams though, billionaire status off the back of making the most of their talents.
She was a bang average pop star and he was in the right place at the right time.

The Blairs
and
The Beckhams
bang average ?? she is $hite !!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Easy to be critical but I bet most on here would struggle to turn down $150 million if it was offered to them!

reckon i'd be very picky if i already had a couple hundred million £.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
If he can truly make football more inclusive over there then good. That may even lead to the relaxing or even abolishing of some of the barbaric laws sooner than expected.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not a lot of time for Beckham. Think his tightly managed publicity machine may have dropped one here - they may turn it round but he seems to be more interested in brand image than anything else with his awful wife.

He's starting to look a bit unnecessary now when contrasting with some modern players like Rashford, Henderson, Sterling etc who are genuinely getting their hands dirty rather than flitting around the world appearing in publicity videos.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It’s a lot of money for a cheerleader, plus any reputation he has made has gone down the toilet.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
But refusing to look at a link

You do realise that what you're getting worked up about didn't happen? It's just well"quick"woody playing the victim as per because he gets called out for writing bollocks on here time and time again.
The two of you could start an argument in an empty room.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm genuinely surprised by this move, I would have thought Beckham would have been a massive improvement on the pundits on Sky Sports. His huge experience of the game would have made for fascinating listening, you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here