Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Sunday Lunch at Caxton Arms

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Mrs H and I had our booster jabs today at Churchill Square so took the long overdue opportunity to have Sunday lunch at Brett Mendoza’s Caxton Arms in BN1

Both the food and service were Ten out of ten, surely part of the edict of the Albion/NSC family should be to look out for and support each other?, so I heartily( pardon the pun) recommend as many of you to do the same in the run up to Xmas. 👍 (And beyond)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not disagreeing but there’s a danger of this facility being abused as advertising

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not disagreeing but there’s a danger of this facility being abused as advertising

Of course it’s not advertising, it’s not the pub owner starting the thread.
If someone starts a thread asking for recommendations for a Sunday lunch at a Brighton pub,I’m sure the Caxton would be mentioned.

There is also a thread that regularly appears on Brighton restaurants

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Spot on. Brett is a great landlord and often helps to raise money for charities especially The Martlets. Helped my fundraising once £700 in a night. Not many pubs left like The Caxton in town centres.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Spot on. Brett is a great landlord and often helps to raise money for charities especially The Martlets. Helped my fundraising once £700 in a night. Not many pubs left like The Caxton in town centres.

A great thing about Brighton and Hove is the amazing amount of good pubs like the Caxton all over town

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I don’t for one moment agree that it’s advertising; it’s just a recommendation!

But it did make me think, why isn’t there a dedicated section of NSC where its members could advertise the products and/or services they have to offer?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Sush.....yes the Caxton is a good pub with good beer and good food but don't flippin' go telling everyone!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whatever you do don't open the 'Restaurant 2021' thread !

I don’t think I’ve ever looked at it. I’m sure the Caxton is an excellent pub. Shall I name and shame a few that aren’t, even if some may disagree?

A separate section is a great idea, ie a NSC Trip Advisor when we can ask, recommend, not recommend, etc without it over loading the main board

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must admit my go-to for pre match scoff in central Brighton is the Prince of Wales. The cheese & ham omelettes in there are absolutely outrageous.

Must give the Caxton a whirl some time though. I'm a big fan of the non-chain pubs when it comes to grub, you can always tell the difference.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Of course it’s not advertising, it’s not the pub owner starting the thread.
If someone starts a thread asking for recommendations for a Sunday lunch at a Brighton pub,I’m sure the Caxton would be mentioned.

There is also a thread that regularly appears on Brighton restaurants
I know of a great Newhaven based plumber :whistle: :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs H and I had our booster jabs today at Churchill Square so took the long overdue opportunity to have Sunday lunch at Brett Mendoza’s Caxton Arms in BN1

Both the food and service were Ten out of ten, surely part of the edict of the Albion/NSC family should be to look out for and support each other?, so I heartily( pardon the pun) recommend as many of you to do the same in the run up to Xmas. [emoji106] (And beyond)
I agree entirely with your sentiments about NSC members looking after each other but.....I'm really trying not to die this winter Ian [emoji6]

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Must admit my go-to for pre match scoff in central Brighton is the Prince of Wales. The cheese & ham omelettes in there are absolutely outrageous.

Must give the Caxton a whirl some time though. I'm a big fan of the non-chain pubs when it comes to grub, you can always tell the difference.

Agree , big chain pubs are usually very poor on food quality .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here