Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for this Wednesday…against Leicester in that Cup match

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Leicester seem to have hit a bit of form….tricky away match Saturday….how many youngsters along with yesterdays bench….or same starting 11 as yesterday…..etc

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think it will be this one:

Steele

Webster, Duffy, Roberts

Lamptey, Mwepu, Leonard, Richards, March

Macallister

Connolly

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Think it will be this one:

Steele

Webster, Duffy, Roberts

Lamptey, Mwepu, Leonard, Richards, March

Macallister

Connolly

Cant see Lamptey being risked

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don’t think we’ll see him before the hearing

There is no hearing planned. The player in question has not been charged but is on conditional bail until 3 November while enquiries continue. If no charges are forthcoming, it’s a case of released without charge.

I agree with your sentiment though. The game against Newcastle on the 6th November is the next appearance he could make.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is no hearing pending. He’s not been charged with anything yet!

Fair enough, then until whatever decision is reached on 03 November. I have no knowledge of the legal procedure, just assumed it would need a hearing :shrug:

What does actually happen in cases like this after an accusation and bail being granted?

Edit i seems [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] has answered my question :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
——————————Steele—————————
———Webster——-Duffy——-Roberts———
Lamptey—Leonard——Mwepu———-March
———-Richards—————Mac Allister———
————————-Connolly—————————

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fair enough, then until whatever decision is reached on 03 November. I have no knowledge of the legal procedure, just assumed it would need a hearing :shrug:

What does actually happen in cases like this after an accusation and bail being granted?

Edit i seems [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] has answered my question :thumbsup:

The police need some time after the complaint was made to interview potential witnesses, which will probably be staff and other punters, and presumably review CCTV footage available. Based on this they'll decide whether or not they think a crime has been committed and/or if they have sufficient evidence to charge. The time limit on this bail is 28 days, after which he has to present himself back at the nick to be either charged, released without charge or bail can be extended if the police need more time to collect evidence and witness statements.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patreon
Mar 1, 2021
The police need some time after the complaint was made to interview potential witnesses, which will probably be staff and other punters, and presumably review CCTV footage available. Based on this they'll decide whether or not they think a crime has been committed and/or if they have sufficient evidence to charge. The time limit on this bail is 28 days, after which he has to present himself back at the nick to be either charged, released without charge or bail can be extended if the police need more time to collect evidence and witness statements.

Minor point only; it's the CPS that decide if charges are made, not the police.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
In the great scheme of things, the EFL Cup is an irrelevance. We do not need to take much interest in it. All out energies should be concentrated on the Premier, and reaching as high a position in it as possible. Everything else is secondary.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There is no hearing planned. The player in question has not been charged but is on conditional bail until 3 November while enquiries continue. If no charges are forthcoming, it’s a case of released without charge.

I agree with your sentiment though. The game against Newcastle on the 6th November is the next appearance he could make.

This indeed. Only going to play on Planet [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION].

Do wonder what the midfield is going to look like and also wonder if Ed Turns will play in defense again.

I hope and think GP will stick with playing a bunch of kiddos.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steele
Lamptey-Roberts-Webster-Burn
Mwepu-Leonard
Richards-Sarmiento-MacAllister
Connolly​

Would be my guess.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Personally I wouldn’t risk any of our main players including Lamptey picking up injuries - just not worth it for this cup game . Maybe if it was a semi final !

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'd be surprised if Lamptey starts

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Bissouma starts

----------------Steele
Webster Duffy Turns Roberts Burn
--MacAllister Leonard Richards
--------Connolly Locadia

I reckon Webby and Burn will be quite wide and quite forward on occasion, but predominantly a 5-3-2

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good news this is on US and African TV so definite stream.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
League Cup is probably our best chance of Europe and the cash and prestige that comes with it.

Should we get to the latter stages then we should take it very seriously.

So they often say but there is nothing that indicates this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_EFL_Cup_finals

Probably a better chance of getting there through the league.

Agree though that if the team reaches top 4 or top 8 we would probably see a more first team-ish lineup though it kind of sucks when kiddos take you that far and then they dont get the chance to finish that journey.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here