Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Doing a Lamptey - Deserving of an appreciation thread surely

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
His doing over of Oik Grealish must be my highlight of the season so far. It even garnered some appreciative applause form the punters in the Glasgow pub where I was watching the match. Haven't seen it yet on social media but the video shot will be well watched by me and thousands others when it lands. The lad is dynamite, cannot wait for him to roast the Hubcapstealers next week.

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hi doing over of Oik Grealish must be my highlight of the season so far. It even garnered some appreciative applause form the punters in the Glasgow pub where I was watching the match. Haven't seen it yet on social media but the video shot will be well watched by me and thousands others when it lands. The lad is dynamite, cannot wait for him to roast the Hubcapstealers next week.

TNBA

TTF

[tweet]1451985414621892617[/tweet]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surprised Grealish didn't fall over after that, as he must of been rather dizzy after being spun round that many times. No wonder he was taken off after that, just shows a caring manager not wanting to subject Grealish to more of Lamptey.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lamptey's Mazy Dribble truly was a thing of beauty. Right up there with Dunk's goal line clearance. And also - not seen it mentioned anywhere yet - a supreme moment where Robert 'Ice Cold' Sanchez had to deal with a high incoming potential pratfall ball just outside his area. Just casual-as-anything side-footed it off to his left. All these moments of genuine footballing beauty happened right in front of the North. Quite stunning moments of individual flair, and certainly each of them as good as anything City managed to conjure up yesterday.

This is why we go to football :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lamptey's Mazy Dribble truly was a thing of beauty. Right up there with Dunk's goal line clearance. And also - not seen it mentioned anywhere yet - a supreme moment where Robert 'Ice Cold' Sanchez had to deal with a high incoming potential pratfall ball just outside his area. Just casual-as-anything side-footed it off to his left. All these moments of genuine footballing beauty happened right in front of the North. Quite stunning moments of individual flair, and certainly each of them as good as anything City managed to conjure up yesterday.

They all happened right in front of me & Jnr in the family stand.

From Calde and Buckley turning 5 opposition players inside out.
Through Skalak and Ali J to yesterday I find it hard to believe anyone has had better seats than us.
(Including all the people with identical seats around us :lol: )

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They all happened right in front of me & Jnr in the family stand.

From Calde and Buckley turning 5 opposition players inside out.
Through Skalak and Ali J to yesterday I find it hard to believe anyone has had better seats than us.
(Including all the people with identical seats around us :lol: )

Certainly the seats around you are less desireable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1451985414621892617[/tweet]

Down the other end there are at least 4 occasions where sockboy would have hit the deck clutching his shin.

Imagine being able to do that - which he undoubtedly can and choosing to pretend to be fouled instead!

What a waste.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

A few days ago I accused you of being a curmudgeonly old bugger.
Have you had a Damascene conversion, or has someone hacked your account?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I was exchanging messages with a City supporting friend (a decent one) and after the game he remarked what a special player Tariq is, which is not bad with the players he has to put up with week in week out.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was there a moment in the second half near our own penalty box where we dispossessed the city players and Cucurella played a backheel which nutmegged the city player?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have to pull you up on that.

Post of the weekend.

Fact.

:bowdown: :thumbsup:

And it was you, miserablist of central Brighton, carmudgeon and pricker of the balloon of expanding hope.???

I salute you.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here