Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did you think "WTF?" when we took off our only striker and replaced him with Mwepu?

Did you think "WTF?" when we took off our only striker and replaced him with Mwepu?

• Yep - I thought Potter had lost it

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • No - Potter works in mysterious ways

Votes: 72 75.8%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some people have noted his staying and Zeqiri going as somehow indicative of Potter thinking he can get something out of Connolly, meanwhile you have reports of tantrums in training, as well as reports of behaviour issues away from the field. With loans and injuries we're down to just Maupay, Locadia and Connolly..

Andy Naylor wrote an article in the summer that implied even Tony Bloom has been involved in the decision making around Connolly and it was deemed sending him away from club eyes could be worse than him staying

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, because our only striker had been pants.

A tough take on a striker given nothing to play beyond speculative lumps up field from the keeper.

If a solid arguement can be made for replacing Maupay with Duffy then Shirley the issue can't be with the player.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think I initially thought, what? We're gonig with no strikers?! What sort of team would oh wait, we're playing man city who famously don't play with a striker at the moment. Guess we can't complain about lack of strikers today. Does seem odd Connolly still can't get on.

It shows what Potter really thinks of his second choice striker (in Welbs inevitable absence). But, in the press, he is ‘happy with his striker options’. Only the morons swallow that BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A tough take on a striker given nothing to play beyond speculative lumps up field from the keeper.

If a solid arguement can be made for replacing Maupay with Duffy then Shirley the issue can't be with the player.

He couldn't trap a bag of cement on Saturday.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
3-0 down so what was the point in keeping him on and risking an injury or him losing his head?

We don't have a decent second striker to bring on so I can't criticise Potter for doing what he did in protecting our only decent striker.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wanted to have more of the ball and some control over the game. Bringing on Mwepu helped achieve that through creating a man advantage on midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here