Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football tourists at the Amex yesterday

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Struck by the amount of tourists we have these days coming to watch football at the Amex

I'm all for it (having done it myself in Italy and Czech Republic and can't wait until my son is a little older and I came take him to games overseas, especially Leverkusen where the fans have a link) especially if they are spending their dosh in the ground/club shop, etc.

Special mention to the 3 Polish lads, who spent an age have their photos taken on the BHA crest by the shop before the game. ALL wearing brand-spanking new 'Molder' shirts with the number on the back - that's nearly £200 between them so fair play.

Also saw/heard Germans, Dutch, Scandinavians, South Americans and a bloke from the West Indies in a new scarf outside the ground.

Brings in cash and bums on seats, win/win from my point of view.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Struck by the amount of tourists we have these days coming to watch football at the Amex

I'm all for it (having done it myself in Italy and Czech Republic and can't wait until my son is a little older and I came take him to games overseas, especially Leverkusen where the fans have a link) especially if they are spending their dosh in the ground/club shop, etc.

Special mention to the 3 Polish lads, who spent an age have their photos taken on the BHA crest by the shop before the game. ALL wearing brand-spanking new 'Molder' shirts with the number on the back - that's nearly £200 between them so fair play.

Also saw/heard Germans, Dutch, Scandinavians, South Americans and a bloke from the West Indies in a new scarf outside the ground.

Glad they got to see Moder. Could have been a disappointment.

('Visiting' woman next to me in Fam Stand spent some considerable time taking selfies)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
some **** sat in front of me filming the whole game on his phone and himself watching the game.

Totally hate this - what stand was that..? Having seen vloggers do this at CP and others, i'm just not up for being the 'bloke in background'.. really distracting.. i'd be having words and if not listened to that 'illegal recording device' would end up some rows farther down..

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Fox Molder?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As you say, we've all done it. Go away somewhere and see a match is on and straight away it's 'where can I get tickets?'
But how do these people make plans to go to a specific game and get tickets to sold out matches in the EPL? Some of us have had to move entire Xmas holidays as fixtures are only just released.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Glad they got to see Moder. Could have been a disappointment.

('Visiting' woman next to me in Fam Stand spent some considerable time taking selfies)

It's one of the downsides of Potterball if you're hoping to see a particular player. I understand Lewis's Family always check before they start their long trip down to the Amex :wink:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Totally hate this - what stand was that..? Having seen vloggers do this at CP and others, i'm just not up for being the 'bloke in background'.. really distracting.. i'd be having words and if not listened to that 'illegal recording device' would end up some rows farther down..

East. There were quite a few unfamiliar faces around us today. No doubt sitting on their hands all game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have no concern about them attending but just wondered how they get tickets. Are they just bought online or do they have to become a member

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Just because someone is speaking a foreign language or is a different race, it doesn't mean they're a tourist. I've brought my Chinese wife a couple of times and I know many people who are ST holders who are not English.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
There were three lads in Man City tops in west lower (by south west corner), they looked like they were local university students. Anyone else see them?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have no concern about them attending but just wondered how they get tickets. Are they just bought online or do they have to become a member

Where there is a will there is a way. Perhaps sharing a ticket isn’t as tricky as the powers to be suggest it is. Cheap second hand smartphone from eBay, swap in exchange for passport temporarily, swap back after the game, happy tourist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where there is a will there is a way. Perhaps sharing a ticket isn’t as tricky as the powers to be suggest it is. Cheap second hand smartphone from eBay, swap in exchange for passport temporarily, swap back after the game, happy tourist.

Or they just email the club:-

Dear Sirs

I'm a football tourist, can I buy 2 tickets please.

Regards

Mr A F Touristski.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
some **** sat in front of me filming the whole game on his phone and himself watching the game.

This is banned isn't it? Tell the steward, they'd sort him out. Lane 8, trance act, has banned all mobile phones from Printworks, for his gig there in December.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just because someone is speaking a foreign language or is a different race, it doesn't mean they're a tourist. I've brought my Chinese wife a couple of times and I know many people who are ST holders who are not English.

Don't think ANYONE is making assumptions purely on how someone LOOKS. It's mainly how they ACT.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
There were three lads in Man City tops in west lower (by south west corner), they looked like they were local university students. Anyone else see them?
I was a City fan, in my youth, (no link to the club, 3rd generation Albion fan, but liked Tuart's overhead goal). I wore my City scarf to the 83 Cup match, when we got hammered (Albion won). Nobody else was interested in them at school. Maybe they're just a bit weird like me. Blue moon!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here