Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex ST Pass Rejected - What went wrong?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Last night my season ticket mobile pass was rejected by an East Upper turnstile card reader. It's worked perfectly well up to now. I was told I now had to queue up at the ticket office and return with a paper replacement. Big pain. Anyone else had this?

Ticket person suggested it may have been rejected as 'presented more than once'. Which raises the question: if using Apple Wallet, with the ticket on screen, when to press Touch ID ? Do you press, then hover over the reader? Or hover over reader, then press? And if it fails, does it allow re-tries?

I would have thought it shouldn't matter, but if it does, what's the correct sequence?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I...

1. Unlock my phone.
2. Open wallet
3. Open the ticket for the game in question within wallet
4. Hold my phone over the NFC reader on the turnstile

There's generally a minute or two between steps 3 and 4.

Edit: I only use FaceID/TouchID at the point I unlock my phone. I don't use it at any point of actually entering the ground.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I...

1. Unlock my phone.
2. Open wallet

Edit: I only use FaceID/TouchID at the point I unlock my phone. I don't use it at any point of actually entering the ground.

Thanks Bozza! From a locked screen I've been using double-click of Home Button to open Apple Wallet, rather than unlocking first. May be a problem...?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thanks Bozza! From a locked screen I've been using double-click of Home Button to open Apple Wallet, rather than unlocking first. May be a problem...?

That’s how I access my pass.
Phone out of pocket, double tap home button, select season pass, hold over NFC reader. Job done. Had your wallet updated to the correct fixture?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I...

1. Unlock my phone.
2. Open wallet

Me too.

Yet, going into the south entrance of the WSU yesterday, ahead of me all three turnstiles were blocked by people having problems. I imagine one or two didn't read the memo on the IOS upgrade and others struggle with their NFC on Android, because the turnstile worked perfectly for me and my son :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My 11 year old sons wouldn’t allow him in before the Arsenal game, would reject it as though it was a duplicate scan every time. We tried both NFC and the QR code, in the end the steward just let him through rather than sending us to the ticket office (may have been swayed by the fact my daughter and myself were already inside waiting for him). We missed the City game so no idea if it was a one off or a problem with his ticket/phone.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
That’s how I access my pass.
Phone out of pocket, double tap home button, select season pass, hold over NFC reader. Job done. Had your wallet updated to the correct fixture?
Thanks for confirming entry method. Yes, phone was showing the City ticket. Still wondering if, having set up my seat move for the Newcastle game, the system had also wiped the City ticket!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I knew having the photo ST card was I good idea.

Saw some bloke Vaping in the ground last night - disgusted is an understatement.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Last night my season ticket mobile pass was rejected by an East Upper turnstile card reader. It's worked perfectly well up to now. I was told I now had to queue up at the ticket office and return with a paper replacement. Big pain. Anyone else had this?

Ticket person suggested it may have been rejected as 'presented more than once'. Which raises the question: if using Apple Wallet, with the ticket on screen, when to press Touch ID ? Do you press, then hover over the reader? Or hover over reader, then press? And if it fails, does it allow re-tries?

I would have thought it shouldn't matter, but if it does, what's the correct sequence?

Get rid oif your phone, and demand a season ticket card from the ticket office.

Tech is great when it works, but pants when it doesn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some NFC ticketing I'm aware of doesn't even require you to unlock your phone and open wallet - merely waving your locked phone close to the NFC reader is sufficient.

I don't know whether our ticketing works like this or not, which is why I open wallet in what feels like a slower/clunkier fashion as per my post above.

It's no slower though - I just do it as I'm approaching the search point, so my phone has the ticket on the screen with "Hold Near Reader" displayed below it, and it's worked first time every time at the Amex.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
NFC didnt work for me (bought a ticket yesterday morning), the turnstile assistant had to show me how to get the QR code "underneath" the ticket.

Is this system honestly better for casual punters than letting you print your own ticket ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some NFC ticketing I'm aware of doesn't even require you to unlock your phone and open wallet - merely waving your locked phone close to the NFC reader is sufficient.

I don't know whether our ticketing works like this or not, which is why I open wallet in what feels like a slower/clunkier fashion as per my post above.

It's no slower though - I just do it as I'm approaching the search point, so my phone has the ticket on the screen with "Hold Near Reader" displayed below it, and it's worked first time every time at the Amex.

I did as you’ve explained in the last sentence but for the first time it didn’t work and I was directed to try a different method re ST qrc code or at least that’s what I think it was..first time it’s been an ‘issue’ ….but now I’m wondering if I did as requested after iOS15 came out

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Had issues at the Arsenal game - potentially wet screen so rather than using the front of the pass (iPhone) I tapped in and used the QR code under the scanner rather than the front on top.

Worked at Arsenal and did this from the off yesterday, no problems.

I need to update my IOS later so have plenty of time if any issues - all auto updates are on so not expecting any issues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here