Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will this be our 'what could have been' season?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I guess it depends where you set your expectation - realistic or dreamland?
Realistic we are doing well and on track for a great league finish, dreamland well we have blown it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mwepu looked sharp when he come on, with some nice flicks around the corner. Close down well on occasions.

Could be Biss V.2 next season.

I agree he looked promising - in stark contrast to his first two appearances.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It is - but how long will we keep Potter for? This may be our last season with him as manager. No guarantee whoever comes in will be successful

How do you judge success for a manager? If it’s on final points total then Potter hasn’t taken us forward much.
Potter has done quite well, but our chances of progressing don’t all hinge on him staying.
The set up, especially the chairman, would give the next manager every chance of succeeding

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Mwepu looked sharp when he come on, with some nice flicks around the corner. Close down well on occasions.

Could be Biss V.2 next season.

Looks very promising and love his energy and attacking intent in his passing. To be a regular starter will need to pick and choose his ambitious passes and mix it up with some simpler balls to retain possession but that will come with game time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is - but how long will we keep Potter for? This may be our last season with him as manager. No guarantee whoever comes in will be successful

Genuinely and it’s not easy to do this, try to live in the moment.

We could worry about one day losing Potter, Biss or Cucurella, but it only serves to make us less content.

Besides, perhaps Potter stays here for years and TB gives him ever better signings?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Completely agree apart from the impact on the rest of the squad bit. Bissouma is class his absence obviously weakens the team, continually naming his as a non playing sub is faintly ridiculous but there you go.

I haven't been following that bit about Bissouma . Does he get named on the subs bench even when he is out injured ?

If so that's interesting. Maybe he agreed that with the Club that he might have agreed to sign a new contract if they do that because that would mean that if the team wins he qualifies for the win bonuses.

If in return he has agreed to sign a new contract. That would mean that the Club would potentially get a larger fee for him when they sell him if he is under a longer contract.

I am obviously guessing here because I didn't know he was being named as a sub but out injured. And I only know one player still at the club now but don't know him well enough to find out anything like this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I haven't been following that bit about Bissouma . Does he get named on the subs bench even when he is out injured ?

If so that's interesting. Maybe he agreed that with the Club that he might have agreed to sign a new contract if they do that because that would mean that if the team wins he qualifies for the win bonuses.

If in return he has agreed to sign a new contract. That would mean that the Club would potentially get a larger fee for him when they sell him if he is under a longer contract.

I am obviously guessing here because I didn't know he was being named as a sub but out injured. And I only know one player still at the club now but don't know him well enough to find out anything like this.

No. He was not on the bench against Arsenal and Norwich when he was injured.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bottom line is we haven’t the money to compete with the so called big boys, ( Liverpool, Man City, man United) and that is why these first 9 games have been incredible.

Yes we can get results individually against them, but over a season, we will not be able to compete.

I think that aiming at a middle of the table position is probably about right now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here