Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TV’s on concourse

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The 'shock-horror' at the lack of masks being worn in the WSU is hardly surprising, when the primary reason people are hanging around there is because they're meeting up with friends / family for a few beers, me included. What am I supposed to do - make a hole in the mask and push a straw through ?

NSC must be heavily skewed towards the tiny minority of people who wear masks throughout an Amex visit. Not reflecting the reality on match-days.

Watford game - in the NS concourse I saw one other person wearing my mask, 1,000’s not bothering. I was drinking and joined the masses by removing mine. I haven’t seen a mask since.

Park n ride buses - possibly about half of older punters wore a mask for Watford. Far fewer since.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No - you keep your mask on at all times in the concourse unless you are eating or drinking. You don't NOT wear it to climb up or down the stairs , walking around , going to the toilet , talking to friends , queuing etc etc.

You and thousands might not like it but it is the best that we can all do for ourselves and others at the moment. Unless you are potentially happy to catch and pass on COVID

I'm not saying "I don't like it". I wear it on the train, up the stairs, I wear it in the queue. But when I'm standing around on the concourse having a beer with my crew, of COURSE I'm not wearing mask, neither is anyone else around me.

If you're selling drinks you're not allowed to take outside to your seats - whats the alternative ? And therefore, whats the point of having the TVs off ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'm not saying "I don't like it". I wear it on the train, up the stairs, I wear it in the queue. But when I'm standing around on the concourse having a beer with my crew, of COURSE I'm not wearing mask, neither is anyone else around me.

If you're selling drinks you're not allowed to take outside to your seats - whats the alternative ? And therefore, whats the point of having the TVs off ?

Not to mention the fact if you visit Dicks bar or 1901 the TVs are on but somehow in the concourses they are treated like Covid triggers

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
West upper; If the game was on the TV's l would buy beer and food. No TV l arrive late and spend my money elsewhere.
Simples

Which, financially damaging as it may be for the club, is pretty much the point of keeping them off, from a COVID point of view. It would encourage more people to linger together, drinking and eating. Not saying the club is right or wrong in its stance - just saying…

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Which, financially damaging as it may be for the club, is pretty much the point of keeping them off, from a COVID point of view. It would encourage more people to linger together, drinking and eating. Not saying the club is right or wrong in its stance - just saying…

Then why the different rules for Dick's? Hard to justify in a similar situation.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What looks even more silly is the complete lack of masks and social distancing.

If case rates and hospitalisations continue to rise at the current rate then PL football will end up being forced to go back to severely reduced attendances.

I was shocked at the almost complete lack of masks at the Man City game . Only a few older people wearing them . Very selfish from the large majority.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
True. Maybe it’s because they can regulate the numbers clustered in that space which is not possible on the concourse, where the whole stand has access to each bar.

Dicks is routinely more rammed than the concourses. Squeezing through towards the toilets is an absolute mission.

TVs showing sports are ok in there though, apparently ???

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
But nobody’s keeping their masks on. Regardless of the howling on here, it seems like the thousands you mention who don’t like it have made their own decision. If you don’t like it or don’t agree then don’t go. Were you at the game yesterday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As it happens I have been to all 5 home games and one away this season (which is a rarity for me) and unfortunately practically no-one is abiding by the recommendations to keep masks on in the concourse. Considering this is potentially a life and death matter it seems a small price to pay but obviously others can't be bothered.

It has crossed my mind to stay away , especially as the infection rates get higher and the mask wearing lower, and it is a decision I will need to make in the future. I should imagine "the howling on here" will increase when games switch back to behind closed doors without spectators which seems to be the inevitable route if infections continue to rise.

How long before we are all applauding a spectator who has died from Covid caught at the Amex ? Strange times.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
As it happens I have been to all 5 home games and one away this season (which is a rarity for me) and unfortunately practically no-one is abiding by the recommendations to keep masks on in the concourse. Considering this is potentially a life and death matter it seems a small price to pay but obviously others can't be bothered.

It has crossed my mind to stay away , especially as the infection rates get higher and the mask wearing lower, and it is a decision I will need to make in the future. I should imagine "the howling on here" will increase when games switch back to behind closed doors without spectators which seems to be the inevitable route if infections continue to rise.

How long before we are all applauding a spectator who has died from Covid caught at the Amex ? Strange times.

That's another debate altogether. We all have our views on it and it isn't for this thread.

The points being made here concern the inconsistency of club policy. Regardless of your views on Covid, masks, social distancing etc, it doesn't make any sense as it stands.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
That's another debate altogether. We all have our views on it and it isn't for this thread.

The points being made here concern the inconsistency of club policy. Regardless of your views on Covid, masks, social distancing etc, it doesn't make any sense as it stands.

Fair point.

I assume the TV's are switched off because the Club don't want people congregating on the concourse due to Covid fears - which seems right.IMO

The fact that the TV's are on in Dick's Bar (or that Dick's Bar is even open) seem strange and inconsistent.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Fair point.

I assume the TV's are switched off because the Club don't want people congregating on the concourse due to Covid fears - which seems right.IMO

The fact that the TV's are on in Dick's Bar (or that Dick's Bar is even open) seem strange and inconsistent.

This is indeed the issue , for if the club were truly that concerned for fans welfare , why would they open dicks bar at all which from my experience has always been one of the most crowded and smallest airspace volume in the stadium !
A cynical person might well presume that the televisions now not showing anything interesting is just some sort of token gesture ( allegedly ! )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here