Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TV’s on concourse

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What I can’t understand today:-
- Dicks Bar (enclosed indoor venue) showing Soccer Saturday on ALL TV’s pre-match.
Whilst the North Stand concourse (airflow through both entrances) only have ONE TV showing Soccer Saturday pre match.

Just don’t understand the logic from the club. Surely the club are losing on prematch revenue?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I’ve been saying this all season.

There is no government advice stating that the club have to put in any restrictions, but we are not showing any pre match info, team news, highlights, Soccer Saturday or the early/late kick offs despite there being 1000’s still in the concourse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - like the ticket passing fiasco, the club have over reacted to covid rules I’m afraid. And all this ‘it’ll become mandatory on 1st Oct’ thing was guesswork. Just put the TVs back on!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The TV nonsense gets worse in the Upper West concourse where they seem intent on winding us up further. Notwithstanding the usual tellies not being on but all of a sudden there's a bunch of new lovely flat screens that have been installed below the windows facing the Uni buildings. 'Look lots new tellies that you can't watch! '

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Judging by the complete lack of masks and “social distancing” in the concourse, it just all looks a bit silly….

What looks even more silly is the complete lack of masks and social distancing.

If case rates and hospitalisations continue to rise at the current rate then PL football will end up being forced to go back to severely reduced attendances.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What I can’t understand today:-
- Dicks Bar (enclosed indoor venue) showing Soccer Saturday on ALL TV’s pre-match.
Whilst the North Stand concourse (airflow through both entrances) only have ONE TV showing Soccer Saturday pre match.

Just don’t understand the logic from the club. Surely the club are losing on prematch revenue?

The club made the most money in total and per head , in match catering revenue at Arsenal than at any game at the Amex ever.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Certainly cheaper. Fish and Chips £10 and they couldn't be bothered to refill salt vinegar and ketchup bottles.

Since day 1 at the Amex I have hardly ever got there early, I’m currently on a break from drinking but still went to a pub in Newhaven before catching the train.
When i did drink and for a 3pm kick off I would get to the Amex at roughly 5 minutes before kick off.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
No one is going to sit in their seat early just because the club are not showing sky sports. The club ask you to get to the ground early and then have the screens turned off ( at least they do in WSU). Complete overreaction and pointless exercise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Going to reluctantly be a club stooge on this one. Think it should stay that way until we get the winter infections spurt out of the way

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No one is going to sit in their seat early just because the club are not showing sky sports. The club ask you to get to the ground early and then have the screens turned off ( at least they do in WSU). Complete overreaction and pointless exercise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Especially with winter temperatures.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I must say it’s easier to walk through the WSU concourse to the exit after the game without fans standing around watching the tv screens.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The concourses are still packed anyhow. Having no TVs on has made no difference. Fans get there to bump into friends early. And, as a previous poster has said, as no bugger is wearing masks anyhow, it's a pointless exercise. If they really believed in preventing the spread of covid then they'd close the concourses, but they are caught in a half way house position that isn't helping anyone really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here