Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Megaflo pressure

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Anyone know how to increase the pressure on a megaflo? Cannot find anything simple on Google.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
909C28BA-06CF-44B2-85E2-DCBB891FF6D0.jpeg

In-line strainer / pressure reducing valve could be blocked or needs replacement.

On the older versions they rusted up inside after while causing the water to be slow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is there not a valve you twist to just increase the pressure?

You can increase the pressure but you usually do this by removing a cap and turning with an Allen key on some valves. Some units have a gauge to tell you the pressure ( not to be confused with the pressure gauge for the heating )

I will add unvented hot water systems should only be maintained and installed by a plumber with the correct qualifications. Definitely not a DIY job.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oh. Not a striker from the MSL then?

For that reason, I’m out.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The gauge on the mega flow is on 0 and I know it should be 1.5

Post a pic up, but 99% that's system pressure, not Domestic Hot Water (DHW) pressure - there will a a braided hose with one/two valves either side of it close by - open the valves so gauge rises and reads 1.5bar - No more..!
Vent rads at top of house, and re-top up pressure to 1.5bar

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Post a pic up, but 99% that's system pressure, not Domestic Hot Water (DHW) pressure - there will a a braided hose with one/two valves either side of it close by - open the valves so gauge rises and reads 1.5bar - No more..!
Vent rads at top of house, and re-top up pressure to 1.5bar

Can’t upload a pic at the mo.

That hose is unattached at one end and I can only see a blue tap at the fixed end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here