Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we a dirty side?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pep on today's game: “I know the game we are going to face tomorrow and the players know it as well. There is a referee for a reason.”

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 12.37.35.png

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

Not a chance. Pep getting in the referees ear early, bit worried perhaps?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Haha no more than any other side. More sour grapes. He's hoping to get an easy ride because he knows we'll put up a fight (hopefully)...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No.

Most of those yellows are ‘professional’ ones where players like Veltman or Lallana are pulling players back after they’ve been beaten.

This is a welcome change after a number of incidents last season (White vs Foden springs to mind) when the opposing player should have been tactically fouled.

Our goals conceded column shows that this tactic is working.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
No. Just more streetwise.

And that’s rich coming from a man who gets his teams play great flowing football that is laced with cynical fouls high up the pitch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were too nice last year. I think it’s an edge that we needed to add to our game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A slow side. Most of the yellows come from "ok this guy is on his way past me and either I foul him now or I'll never catch him".

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
No. Just more streetwise.

And that’s rich coming from a man who gets his teams play great flowing football that is laced with cynical fouls high up the pitch.

Exactly, I remember Aymeric Laporte got quite badly injured a few seasons ago against us while committing a cynical early foul. Pep wen't on to bemoan his bad luck with injuries after that and it always made me roll my eyes

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just been listening again to the Magic Sponge podcast and it seems most footballers are dirty, so probably yes

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No.

Most of those yellows are ‘professional’ ones where players like Veltman or Lallana are pulling players back after they’ve been beaten.

This is a welcome change after a number of incidents last season (White vs Foden springs to mind) when the opposing player should have been tactically fouled.

Our goals conceded column shows that this tactic is working.

Spot on….we’ve got a bit more ‘professional’ about things. Game management so much better, including when to take a yellow.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Are we not doing what city used to do and tactically foul higher up the pitch. Difference being they are Man City so don’t get booked as much with the big club bias

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Token gamesmanship.

And a bit sad of Pep to attempt to lever even more of an advantage from the ref when he already has one of the best club sides in the world at his disposal.

I have a feeling Pep is taking this game a bit more seriously than he may have done in past seasons…

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
This reminds me of a debate almost fourty years ago, " Is Jimmy Case a dirty player?".

It was a no from me then, and it`s no from me now.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
What a drama queen Pep is. So after we have beaten them once Potter does not get arse licking praise reserved for those managers who roll over and let them win. Shows progress for BHA, take it as a compliment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here