Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Focus

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was stupidly thinking that third vs fourth would be one of the most interesting games of the weekend, given the similar styles, but the pundits, Lawrenson included, have gone for the United, West Ham and Leeds games as the most intriguing games :shrug:

I am inclined to go a bit Keeganesque here but I know how that turns out so I’ll resist.

We really are not taken seriously are we?

So pleased we had about 7 United games this season featured in the build up to tomorrow’s game. Dublin was a whisker away from saying Ole was out of his depth though.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I was stupidly thinking that third vs fourth would be one of the most interesting games of the weekend, given the similar styles, but the pundits, Lawrenson included, have gone for the United, West Ham and Leeds games as the most intriguing games :shrug:

I am inclined to go a bit Keeganesque here but I know how that turns out so I’ll resist.

It's a 1st world problem. What can they say that's of any real interest about a match hours before kick off? Turn off FF and go and do something less boring instead (until 5.30 obviously). That said, what's the line up today?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a 1st world problem. What can they say that's of any real interest about a match hours before kick off? Turn off FF and go and do something less boring instead (until 5.30 obviously).

About to go for a covid booster, not that exciting either :shrug:

You’re right though, I never watch MOTD unless we win and yes I should also bin Football Focus, don’t normally watch it but thought it might be interesting to see what they had to say about our game. We haven’t featured yet…unless I missed it when I answered the door to DPD

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

So pleased we had about 7 United games this season featured in the build up to tomorrow’s game. Dublin was a whisker away from saying Ole was out of his depth though.

You really are needy aren't you? :lol:

The rest of the world sees it as an easy away win. Enjoy being under the radar still.

Enjoy it!

This is what happened with Leicester and they said it was the best thing that could have happened to them during that amazing season. I'm not saying that's going to happen here but if going under the radar means more success due to lack of pressure then I'm all for it.

Come the end of the season we can give two fingers to the press and enjoy ourselves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quite amusing when FF opened with the gone-viral penalty that knocked the steward's helmet off. Lawro missed the point of the clip completely so they had to show it again :lol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Did our game even get a mention?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not sure what people expect. We are a provincial club who yes have started very well but will in all likelihood get turned over later this afternoon by one of the most expensively put together squads on the planet. For the neutral it really isn't that exciting or big-a game. I'd be delighted if we cause an upset like last season, but as with every game city play against TeamsLikeBrighton it's very unlikely. It's not like any neutral expects us to stay in and around the top four. Of course the west ham and Liverpool games are more intriguing for the neutral - two derbies which could go either way. And Leeds wolves, another game which could go either way, probably more intriguing for the neutral too let's be honest.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Such a shame sky don't feel the same way, Uncle Tony should really have built a stadium that was completely broadcasting unfriendly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here