Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Man City

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 23rd October 2021
Kick-off: 17:30 BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Simon Long
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Paul Tierney
Additional VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis

TEAM NEWS

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has said there's an "outside chance" that defender Adam Webster will be fit to return from a thigh injury on Saturday.

Steven Alzate and Danny Welbeck remain long-term absentees.

Manchester City have no fresh injury concerns in the wake of their convincing Champions League victory over Club Brugge in midweek.

They remain without Spanish forward Ferran Torres, who continues his recovery from a metatarsal issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton came from 2-0 down to beat Manchester City 3-2 in this fixture last season.
    [*=left]That win ended a run of seven straight defeats for the Seagulls against Pep Guardiola's side in the Premier League.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in five Premier League fixtures, although they have drawn their last three in a row.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have been involved in 19 goalless draws since their promotion to the Premier League in 2017-18, the most of any team in the division in the same period.
    [*=left]No team in the Premier League has picked up more yellow cards this season than Brighton's 22.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has scored four of the Seagulls' eight league goals this season - however, he's failed to register a single shot in his last three appearances against City.
Man City

• [*=left]Manchester City have lost two of their past five away fixtures in the Premier League (W2, D1).
    [*=left]City have kept six clean sheets in their opening eight Premier League games for the first time.
    [*=left]They haven't conceded in the first half of their last 10 league matches.
    [*=left]Pep Guardiola's side have had 11 different goalscorers in the Premier League this season - however, no player has scored more than twice.

Graham Potter's Manchester City Press Conference

[tweet]1451933934258905090[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1451933934258905090

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am looking forward to this. The best side “ in the world “ ,maybe? And we meet them in the same league with just one place and two points separating us.
However I am not confident of victory, not against City. The info In Dick’s opening post says we have the most goalless draws ,and they are good at keeping clean sheets.
Much as I dislike the score, nil nil would be a good result today.
[ of course we did beat them last time.... so you never know! ]

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We're doomed! Hoping for the best but fearing the worst, I am just going to be thankful that Citeh have lowered themselves to honour us by playing at our quaint little ground and as such will wear a Citeh shirt in respect to their fans who have to endure 90 mins. of a #teamlikeBrighton, I hope we all remember to respect them and don't cheer too loudly or celebrate if we are lucky enough to win a throw in,or, Heaven forbid, a free kick against them. I hope too our players on the pitch don't go doing any of that horrible tackling thing and just sit back and admire the multi billionaires stroke the ball around and score perfect goals. After the game we should all applaud Citeh for gracing the Amex with their presence and thank their fans for putting up with having to watch lowly old Brighton, I will head off home ready to watch MOTD with trousers round my ankles, kleenex in hand ready to join in the wankfest as the pundits cream themselves over how great the most expensive and best group of players are in beating little old Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Never felt so relaxed before a game than this. Very strange feeling. Don't expect to win but not ever so bothered as I am pretty sure we won't get hammered. Could get used to feeling like this rather than being uptight and anxious about things.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Listen up- I just hope the Brighton players don’t acquiesce to that City front line.

We’ve gotta roll with it, gotta take our time, gotta play how we play don’t let anybody get in our way.

Don’t look back in anger if we do lose.

Etc.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
This poses a huge problem for the MOTD producers. How on earth are they going to show Manchester City first, and us last? Eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They’ll show Man City highlights first then cut ours till end of program.

There won’t be any Brighton highlights unless we score and if we do a post match discussion on how the City defence is not watertight and where they need to strengthen.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's one of those "free hit" games. If we get anything from the game it's a bonus. Fully expect us to lose but I think we're good enough not to take a battering.
Obviously, now I've said that we'll go on to lose 7-0.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
There won’t be any Brighton highlights unless we score and if we do a post match discussion on how the City defence is not watertight and where they need to strengthen.
When we beat the so called elite sides in the PL the media always say how poorly they played against BHA not how well we played. Tonight I'm going for 2-1 to the good guy and the media saying how poorly city played.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Not expecting us to get much out of the game today, bonus would be more minutes for Lamptey and Webster making the bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here