Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this arsenal man wearing a wig or wot?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Midweek:

midweek.jpg

Tonight:

today.PNG

WTF?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not wanting to start another thread.....after the half time whistle has gone the game is called back for a missed penalty a minute or so before the final whistle.

It is saved. The full time whistle is blown.

Except it isn't. Wig boy scores the rebound.

Then the Villa take a KO and the whistle is blown.

So the time played after the incident isn't replayed, and yet enough time is allowed for a saved penalty to be tapped in.

How does that work? The ref should have said "goal or save, that's it, half time". Ref didn't think it through, or what?

Let the pedant fest begin.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's gone from Cap'n Jack Sparrow back to Kramer from Seinfeld in less than 4 days.

Impressive.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Not wanting to start another thread.....after the half time whistle has gone the game is called back for a missed penalty a minute or so before the final whistle.

So the time played after the incident isn't replayed, and yet enough time is allowed for a saved penalty to be tapped in.

How does that work? The ref should have said "goal or save, that's it, half time". Ref didn't think it through, or what?

Please don't get me started on this my pet hate ! Why do refs always allow extra time for the taking of a corner when time is so obviously up ? And why do they when a goal kick is about to be taken as time is up allow the keeper to get the ball place it and kick it high only to blow before it lands ?
I could go on but must stop now otherwise i won't sleep !!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It wasn’t…..

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

They mentioned this on the post match discussion, but I was only half listening. I think they said he didn’t actually blow for half time before he went to look at the monitor.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Please don't get me started on this my pet hate ! Why do refs always allow extra time for the taking of a corner when time is so obviously up ? And why do they when a goal kick is about to be taken as time is up allow the keeper to get the ball place it and kick it high only to blow before it lands ?

This Clive Thomas incident is probably well-known in football official circles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/44500178

I still remember the headline (and I was very young): "Nuts to brazil, the game's over..."

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Because otherwise, you get situations like this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/44500178

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They mentioned this on the post match discussion, but I was only half listening. I think they said he didn’t actually blow for half time before he went to look at the monitor.

If that was the case then fairy nuff. That wasn't my recollection, but that said, my recollection is that Smith did score.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You going today?

Yes! I haven't made any arrangements to meet anyone at the Swan this season, yet, owing to novel and bespoke parking arrangements. Today I'll probably go to the West Upper bar around 4.15 but if I arrive earlier and the queues are short I may get a beer outside. Not yet finalised arrival time - will depend on the needs of others :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes! I haven't made any arrangements to meet anyone at the Swan this season, yet, owing to novel and bespoke parking arrangements. Today I'll probably go to the West Upper bar around 4.15 but if I arrive earlier and the queues are short I may get a beer outside. Not yet finalised arrival time - will depend on the needs of others :thumbsup:

Good…..I just wanted to say that I hadn’t forgotten your suggestion….unfortunately working until late afternoon so won’t be getting there until five mins before KO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here