Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Over a 1000 tickets left for tomorrows match - how come ?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I know we are only 4th in the Premier League and we're playing the reigning champions but it still surprises me that we're not sold out for tomorrows match ? Yes it's £45 - but so 's a shit night out in a pizza restaurant .
Come on people ..... snap em up !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know we are only 4th in the Premier League and we're playing the reigning champions but it still surprises me that we're not sold out for tomorrows match ? Yes it's £45 - but so 's a shit night out in a pizza restaurant .
Come on people ..... snap em up !

It’s good to see people putting tickets on the exchange if they can’t go - that’s what accounts for the ‘unsold’ tickets. Attendance will be a record, and announced as a virtual sellout (which it technically will be)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I assumed this was a mis-calulation, but it's not.

I've just skimmed down block-by-block and counted 1,023 total seats available. Although I'm likely to have made a mistake somewhere in my addition, there's a lot of seats up for grabs.

However, having selected 4 or 5 blocks at random, I'd estimate that around 90% of tickets are singles and that's where the problem lies. Whilst there are some doubles and I saw one triple, single seats are always going to be quite a difficult sell, and we have a LOT of them for tomorrow.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I assumed this was a mis-calulation, but it's not.

I've just skimmed down block-by-block and counted 1,023 total seats available. Although I'm likely to have made a mistake somewhere in my addition, there's a lot of seats up for grabs.

However, having selected 4 or 5 blocks at random, I'd estimate that around 90% of tickets are singles and that's where the problem lies. Whilst there are some doubles and I saw one triple, single seats are always going to be quite a difficult sell, and we have a LOT of them for tomorrow.
Yes. No surprise that these Exchange tickets are hard to sell for a second time. Single seats and no concessionary rates are real barriers to entry for a lot of potential purchasers.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It sold out. These are extra tickets available via the exchange.

It makes you think what should they announce as the gate?

The number of people actually there, however that is counted?
The number of seats for which they made a sale, ie capacity?
Capacity minus the tickets still available, so minus 1k?
The number of tickets sold, which technically could be more than capacity?

No idea, it is a meaningless figure these days.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just goes to show how many in past have gone to friends and family on previous system. My mate not going for family reasons and didnt sell on X. Just taken it off and is going to drop his phone round to me so seat can be used

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be honest I am surprised we have so many attending as COVID has not gone away the numbers including hospitalisations & deaths are increasing and the game is on TV.

My single ticket is up for sale as have the previous 4, none have sold despite being in a good location.

I am not going to go with the COVID levels as they are as my wife has no immune system.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be honest I am surprised we have so many attending as COVID has not gone away the numbers including hospitalisations & deaths are increasing and the game is on TV.

My single ticket is up for sale as have the previous 4, none have sold despite being in a good location.

I am not going to go with the COVID levels as they are as my wife has no immune system.

The sell-side of the exchange has only been open for one game, prior to now, and that was Arsenal. It only opened up about 24 hours before the game so there was only a very limited window for people to buy.

I'm sure you're right though, the worsening Covid situation is going to put more and more people off.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The sell-side of the exchange has only been open for one game, prior to now, and that was Arsenal. It only opened up about 24 hours before the game so there was only a very limited window for people to buy.

I'm sure you're right though, the worsening Covid situation is going to put more and more people off.

I was looking forward to returning, but you are correct that the current Covid figures (and the fact that my wife works for T&T so hears about it all day every day) means our return is once more delayed and our tickets have gone to friends and family again.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Yeah, I know!

And they've certainly flooded onto the exchange since I looked last.

I wonder if the surge is due to people who have not been attending on a regular basis now realising that the exchange has opened earlier and some tickets are being sold on it ? There are a couple of seats near me that have been empty every game so far ( unless they have changed hands they were very regular attenders ) and they are listed .
Also will be interesting to see roughly how many more empty seats there are that have not been listed . I guess there are still a lot of people with concerns about mixing with so many others .

edit . just seen your post 11

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was looking forward to returning, but you are correct that the current Covid figures (and the fact that my wife works for T&T so hears about it all day every day) means our return is once more delayed and our tickets have gone to friends and family again.

I am going tomorrow but it’s my first game for a while. I caught Covid quite badly in the summer despite having had 2 jabs, and ended up in the Royal Sussex with things looking a bit dicey for me for a while. I pulled through, just, but knew that I wouldn’t be going to football regularly for a while and sadly we let our season tickets in the NW corner go - we asked if we could buy them back later in the season but didn’t get anywhere with that.

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow but I suspect I won’t be going on a regular basis for a while as I am still far from back to full health. I am told that I have an increased immunity for 6 - 8 months after infection but the climbing infection rates suggest that things will be difficult all through this winter at least and probably not wise for anyone with heightened risk to let their guard down. What I went through was awful, no game of football is worth that.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Are they allowing cash in the hand punters yet at the ticket windows next to the shop on the day?
If so i'm in, if not they are losing a few sales by this method

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Club have been marketing the exchange too, I’ve had several emails advertising the benefit of putting my tickets on the exchange. I wonder if many people who can’t go, but wouldn’t normally worry about their ticket have been reminded / prompted that the exchange is available?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I am going tomorrow but it’s my first game for a while. I caught Covid quite badly in the summer despite having had 2 jabs, and ended up in the Royal Sussex with things looking a bit dicey for me for a while. I pulled through, just, but knew that I wouldn’t be going to football regularly for a while and sadly we let our season tickets in the NW corner go - we asked if we could buy them back later in the season but didn’t get anywhere with that.

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow but I suspect I won’t be going on a regular basis for a while as I am still far from back to full health. I am told that I have an increased immunity for 6 - 8 months after infection but the climbing infection rates suggest that things will be difficult all through this winter at least and probably not wise for anyone with heightened risk to let their guard down. What I went through was awful, no game of football is worth that.

Very pleased to hear you have recovered from that horrendous situation . Sit at home and watch on tv def is sensible advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here