Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And to think, when he arrived be was called Saltor

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And to think, when he arrived be was called Saltor

Maybe he didnt want to be mixed up with Bruce Willis music persona that occupied the Bruno name in the English speaking world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH2zJfK0B0Q

Eventually things changed with Bruno, as I understand it, playing well for Brighton and Bruce Willis rarely refering to himself as Bruno. One Brunos demise, the other Brunos bruno.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I remember watching what i think was his debut for us at The Dripping Pan in pre season v Lewes. He looked absolute class straight away. One of my all time favourite players and I've been watching since early 70's.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think there's a typo in the thread title. Surely it should be Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Bruuuuno, Bruuuuuno.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's always nice when a former player continues on as with the coaching staff, doesn't happen very often - but it's an absolute delight having Bruno of all players. Seems like he's perfect for the role - intelligent bloke, great personality who has a wealth of experience.

Top bloke and, well, a Brighton legend. You can tell he genuinely loves the club and the city - which also doesn't happen very often, as much as we would like it to anyway.

Also another reminder of how we have a special manager in Potter.

Think he’s a fantastic role model and mentor to the players as well…….must be a brilliant guy to work with. Still looks fit enough to play.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Calderon, Bruno, Vicente ,Sanchez, Cucurella, Lopez ...anymore of our Spansih contingent that I have missed?

All of them magnificent players in different ways and all have been or will be great players for the club

The idea that players of this class and stature have played for Brighton in the past few years is almost unbelievable, Its been a privilege to watch the world class skill of them, and the genuine affection that they hold the club in, and the fans hold for them is outstanding.

I can remember the reception Calderon received on his return for the Wigan match , that Bruno got from both the crowd, Brighton and Man City players when he retired.

It is almost incomprehensible to me that Brighton are now attracting the next generation of world class players and that tomorrows game against Man City is being billed as a top four clash in the Premier League

What a time to be a Brighton fan

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Orlandi.

Gus Poyet's legacy has certainly been his Spanish revolution with lives on through Bruno, and now Cucurella and Sanchez.

I may be wrong but am pretty sure Orlando was actually Italian

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I may be wrong but am pretty sure Orlando was actually Italian

Nope Wiki tells me I am wrong

Think he had an Italian parent, or both parents, but he was born and raised in Spain.

Born and raised in Spain to an Italian father and Spanish mother. I'm sure he said in interviews he considered himself an Italian and is an Italian national. His football education was purely Spanish before he came to the UK though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Calderon, Bruno, Vicente ,Sanchez, Cucurella, Lopez ...anymore of our Spansih contingent that I have missed?

All of them magnificent players in different ways and all have been or will be great players for the club

The idea that players of this class and stature have played for Brighton in the past few years is almost unbelievable, Its been a privilege to watch the world class skill of them, and the genuine affection that they hold the club in, and the fans hold for them is outstanding.

I can remember the reception Calderon received on his return for the Wigan match , that Bruno got from both the crowd, Brighton and Man City players when he retired.

It is almost incomprehensible to me that Brighton are now attracting the next generation of world class players and that tomorrows game against Man City is being billed as a top four clash in the Premier League

What a time to be a Brighton fan

Orlandi (as mentioned), Adrian Colunga, David Rodriguez, Fran Sandaza, Martin Montoya.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Orlandi (as mentioned), Adrian Colunga, David Rodriguez, Fran Sandaza, Martin Montoya.

Colunga and David Rodriquez were awful, they belong in that "signings you got excited about but turned out to be disappointing" thread.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Could sign his snog on Saturday for old times sake.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Does Bruno have all his coaching badges? Is management ultimately what he's looking to do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here