Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Spreading butter and margarine.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
You lost me when you used the phrase "get go" based on that, yes you have lost your marbles.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No need to keep butter in the fridge. Problem solved, spreads easily :shrug:

See post #17

I actually use Country Life which is butter and rapeseed oil, it’s meant to be spreadable, the container says keep refrigerated.
If I take it directly out of the fridge it’s difficult to spread on bread, hence leaving it on the side for a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
See post #17

I actually use Country Life which is butter and rapeseed oil, it’s meant to be spreadable, the container says keep refrigerated.
If I take it directly out of the fridge it’s difficult to spread on bread, hence leaving it on the side for a while.

Sounds like the ‘spreadable’ Anchor. Completely unspreadable straight out of the fridge and does precisely what the OP refers to - curls up and slide off the knife. Hence my switch back to ‘real’ butter and not keeping it in the fridge - so much easier, and tastes much better.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I genuinely remember being about 10 years old and totally in awe of my Auntie "Ginge" as she buttered a huge amount of slices of bread in preparation for a family party.
She worked so hard and quick that each rearward stroke left a mass of salty butter all over her thumb.
Which she then scraped off to use on the following slice.

I'm not quite so sure I'd feel the same way now, knowing that Uncle Brian had quite likely previously left his own mass of salty butter all over that thumb on numerous occasions.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
One of the best bits of advice my Aunty Dilys gave me was to always spread from the four corners towards the centre of the bread.
It means you always get a perfectly spread sandwich.

Just a little thing but it's been so helpful over the years.
Once you get into the habit of doing it you'll never go back to starting just anywhere on the slice.

You're welcome. x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here