Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Spreading butter and margarine.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You forget I am also here in the land of the enlightened. Sending thoughts and prayers to all those back at home who don't have access to these life changing tools.

Oh yeah. Feels like someone should be able to make a fortune introducing these things in England.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The fact that this thread about spreading butter and margarine, is being spammed by Swedes, is further evidence that our club is truly global.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can you keep butter that comes in a plastic container out of the fridge, like you would with butter that comes in foil? What's the difference?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We used to know a girl called Margarine Mary

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
F**kin hell wot is this shite.

We've got our biggest game EVER, tomorrow.
This is a Brighton forum.
To talk about Brighton.
And we've got 'I now can't spread margarine on my arse'.

It makes my pi$$ boil.

Keep up the good work.

Actually - The wide variety and sometimes '' off the wall '' nature of the threads are what makes it such a good site to participate in

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can you keep butter that comes in a plastic container out of the fridge, like you would with butter that comes in foil? What's the difference?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Yes you can. No idea about the difference as the "butter in foil" thing is a bit.. foreign.. to me. But you can definitely keep plastic container butter in the fridge.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes you can. No idea about the difference as the "butter in foil" thing is a bit.. foreign.. to me. But you can definitely keep plastic container butter in the fridge.

I have seen butter in foil in supermarkets in Malmo - Lurpak the Danish Butter sells it all round the world in foil I thought - Does it not ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have seen butter in foil in supermarkets in Malmo - Lurpak the Danish Butter sells it all round the world in foil I thought - Does it not ?

Never heard of Lurpak but now when you say it, yes there is butter in foil (primarly used for cooking or baking). On sandwiches we have Bregott though.

2tuka8jxxr9q7z7b.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This may seem an odd thing to ask the good folks of NSC, but where better can one ask a simple question and get flamed in a light hearted way.

Now for nearly a year now, I have noticed that when making sandwiches I struggle with the butter or margarine right from the get go of scooping it out, not only does it just now seem to just slide off the knife hitting the counter or floor, but I have difficulty spreading it to my satisfaction, it is uneven and I feel it extra slippery, I just don't know what is wrong, I fear it is old age as I do not seem to recall this problem a few years ago. The butter just does not spread evenly across the bread anymore.

Do they now put extra slippery stuff in butter and margarine ?

Or should I just take myself down the day centre or go to a quite wood and just hang myself, as it nothing more than old age (52) and it is just one long slippery slope from here on in ?

Totally agree, just falls off the knife far too early these days.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There was a proposal using this scientific law alongside the law that cats always land on their feet to create a perpetual motion machine. Theoretically if you strap correctly positioned buttered toast to a cat, as the cat approaches the floor it will start to spin.

So not like this happy cat then ?

Attachments

• cat-toast.jpg
    cat-toast.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 68

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here