Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 22-24/10/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a HUGE top of the table clash in the Premier League this weekend.

In other news, Man Utd face Liverpool.

FRIDAY 22ND OCTOBER
Arsenal v Aston Villa (20:00) - Sky Sports

SATURDAY 23RD OCTOBER
Chelsea v Norwich City (12:30) - BT Sport
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Everton v Watford
Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Southampton v Burnley
Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City (17:30) - Sky Sports

SUNDAY 24TH OCTOBER
Brentford v Leicester City (14:00)
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur (14:00) - Sky Sports
Manchester United v Liverpool (16:30) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 22.44.00.png

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
i keep feeling negative, looking down the table below us, thinking; shiz, if we don't win, who can get above us? :shrug:

ah well, it's gonna take a while to get used to this rarified atmosphere :cool:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i keep feeling negative, looking down the table below us, thinking; shiz, if we don't win, who can get above us? :shrug:

I'll confess I started writing a best case / worst case bit with the results needed for each.

Like you, though, as I worked down the table I didn't really want to go down the worst case route so I deleted it!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'll confess I started writing a best case / worst case bit with the results needed for each.

Like you, though, as I worked down the table I didn't really want to go down the worst case route so I deleted it!

we might win! :p

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

A win takes us third (or a mahhosive win / catastrophic Liverpool defeat, takes us an improbable second).

A defeat could see us drop as far as TENTH...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There be a lot of draws in them there fixtures.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A win takes us third (or a mahhosive win / catastrophic Liverpool defeat, takes us an improbable second).

A defeat could see us drop as far as TENTH...

Somewhere around 10th is probably the most likely outcome after the next two games. Not saying its hopeless two get something out of them but chances are slim.

In a sense nice with two games where the worst outcome is a shrug but kind of looking forward to the Newcastle game...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Somewhere around 10th is probably the most likely outcome after the next two games. Not saying its hopeless two get something out of them but chances are slim.

In a sense nice with two games where the worst outcome is a shrug but kind of looking forward to the Newcastle game...

Yep….this is about the biggest ‘free hit’ we’ll ever get after the start we’ve had. Couple of tough gigs coming up, get anything out of either and I’ll be delighted.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire

I’m the same. I keep thinking We’re so many points above the relegation zone rather than we’re two points (or however many it is that week) off the lead

Old habits are hard to get rid of

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Relax!

I've benched my Albion trio in FPL (Sanchez, Duffy & Trossard) and have made Jesus my captain. We are therefore NAILED ON to keep a clean sheet, with at least a Tross goal (probably a hat-trick).

If that wasn't enough, I've also predicted 0-2 in Fossie's score prediction comp.

Thank me after. :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have I just never noticed it before, or has there been a recent increase in using 'cityzens' as a nickname for Man City? I saw it a few weeks ago and had to look it up to see it was a genuine nickname, but over the last couple of weeks it seems to be everywhere. I've always seen them referred to simply as 'City' or 'the (manchester) blues'.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Have I just never noticed it before, or has there been a recent increase in using 'cityzens' as a nickname for Man City? I saw it a few weeks ago and had to look it up to see it was a genuine nickname, but over the last couple of weeks it seems to be everywhere. I've always seen them referred to simply as 'City' or 'the (manchester) blues'.

I've certainly heard it before.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

It's what they call themselves: https://www.mancity.com/fans

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1 minute of players doing some running on the socials

[tweet]1451520900243787779[/tweet]

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
1 minute of players doing some running on the socials

[tweet]1451520900243787779[/tweet]

The thing that really struck me in that video is just how f***ing MASSIVE Big Scherps is.

He makes Sanchez look decidedly average height (and Steele's a 6'2" midget!) :eek:

Big_Scherps.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here