[Football] Bodo/Glimt 6-1 Roma

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy….
He used to be a translator, Portuguese guy speaking English earning a lot who went on to earn zillions in Football!!! Me, English guy who speaks Portuguese a lot better than his English as an interpreter earning… not a lot.
Not bitter in the least. Really not bitter. At all.
Nope not me….

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm clearly in a minority of ONE. I've always rather liked Jose - wouldn't want him as Albion manager - but I like his character and pantomime antics. And football is a pantomime. We need more managers like him in the game - it will make a change from the mono-tone boring ones.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, here we go. The beginning of the end, calling half of his squad shit:

“I never disguised the fact we were a squad with real limitations. We have 13 players who represent one team, the others are on a different level.

“At least the positive thing from now on is that nobody will ask me why I always use the same players.”

I'm clearly in a minority of ONE. I've always rather liked Jose - wouldn't want him as Albion manager - but I like his character and pantomime antics. And football is a pantomime. We need more managers like him in the game - it will make a change from the mono-tone boring ones.

How is it possible to "like his character"?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve genuinely never know a team with a ‘/‘ in their name but I think it’s correct as was on sky website last night. That’s so weird!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I quite like him too, but he is clearly a busted flush these days. I like the pragmatic way he talks, quite honestly. And when he was good, he was streets ahead of anyone else except SAF.

But the fact is, he hasn't got a tune out of any team he's managed since his last Chelsea title win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Me too…….always good entertainment, but wouldn’t want him anywhere near us. I would love him to take over at Newcastle - initial success possibly, then spend hundreds of millions before it all goes tits up within 2 years and he gets fired, setting them back another 2 years:D

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I'm not sure his bullying of players and club doctors should be classed as 'pantomime'.

I found him pleasingly different at first - getting in Fergie's face endeared him to me. Then I realised that he's just a snide bully and see his routine for what it is.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Apparently the first time a Mourinho team has conceded six, or lost by 5 or something. Couldn't quite hear what they said on BBC this morning

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently the first time a Mourinho team has conceded six, or lost by 5 or something. Couldn't quite hear what they said on BBC this morning

Not exactly shocking considering the teams he's been in charge of.

As for the stat, it is first time conceding six as he's lost with 5 goals a few times (like 0-5 against Barca in 2010).

el punal

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy….
He used to be a translator, Portuguese guy speaking English earning a lot who went on to earn zillions in Football!!! Me, English guy who speaks Portuguese a lot better than his English as an interpreter earning… not a lot.
Not bitter in the least. Really not bitter. At all.
Nope not me….

When in Rome, dear boy, when in Rome . . . :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here