Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How to dispose of a three piece suite quickly

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know we have a Classifieds sub forum, but it doesn't seem very active. Due to the unexpected find of a new 3 piece suite that actually fits our lounge, I need to sell/ give away our existing one by the end of October to anyone who can collect and take away. Ebay failed me this week. Chestnut Tree House and British Heart Foundation can't collect in time and nor can the Council. Does anybody in the hive mind that is NSC suggest a solution. It's only 8 years old and in pretty good nick, so it would be a shame to have to saw it up and take it to the tip. Free to a good home/charity if they can collect by the end of the month.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know we have a Classifieds sub forum, but it doesn't seem very active. Due to the unexpected find of a new 3 piece suite that actually fits our lounge, I need to sell/ give away our existing one by the end of October to anyone who can collect and take away. Ebay failed me this week. Chestnut Tree House and British Heart Foundation can't collect in time and nor can the Council. Does anybody in the hive mind that is NSC suggest a solution. It's only 8 years old and in pretty good nick, so it would be a shame to have to saw it up and take it to the tip. Free to a good home/charity if they can collect by the end of the month.

I’ve got rid of loads of furniture on local facebook ‘buy and sell’ groups. Just put ‘free if collected’ and someone will snap it up pretty quickly (usually literally minutes in my experience)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m not sure any charity can accept it unless it has a fire resistance label still attached.
I had one to get rid off a couple of years ago, couldn’t give it away, it ended up at the tip.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure any charity can accept it unless it has a fire resistance label still attached.
I had one to get rid off a couple of years ago, couldn’t give it away, it ended up at the tip.

Me too, then I had to complete a load of paperwork at the tip. Nice suite too :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Try Emmaus at Portslade or Furniture First at Lewes, both charities.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
He's in a rush . . . There's plenty of space outside Shoreham conservative club, leave it there.

I'm sure someone will test its fireproof soon enough :rolleyes:

Bit out that, there will be people on here who have relatives that use that club [emoji1745][emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Several years ago my elderly parents, non car owners, disposed of an entire 3 piece suite over the course of several months by breaking it up and taking small pieces, sometimes in my mum’s handbag, with them every time they went into town or on the bus to bingo and dropping them in public bins in several Sussex towns.

:amex:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Several years ago my elderly parents, non car owners, disposed of an entire 3 piece suite over the course of several months by breaking it up and taking small pieces, sometimes in my mum’s handbag, with them every time they went into town or on the bus to bingo and dropping them in public bins in several Sussex towns.

Fans of The Great Escape?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

My late mother was of the same mindset....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Facebook marketplace. Great place to get rid of stuff imo.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
We have used The Sussex Beacon, London Road in the past, worth giving them a call.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thanks for all the helpful replies. Much to my surprise, eBay auto relisted the suite and it has sold immediately, initially at the opening bid of £50. Happy days and thanks again to all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here