Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Festival of Brtain 2022 UNBOXED ??

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_of_Brexit

Anyone else not looking forward to Boris Johnson's latest eye wateringly expensive folly?

https://unboxed2022.uk/

I recall talk of this a while back. Looks like he's resurrected and re-branded Teresa May's Brexit festival plan, calling it the meaningless, UNBOXED Festival. . :facepalm:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/festival-of-brexit-rebrands-as-unboxed-and-details-2022-event-3076025

The celebration of British Weather located on a disused off-shore North Sea oil platform sounds like it could be an uhm, uhm, an...what does it sound like?

But best of all looks like the Green Space Dark Skies. This remarkable attraction encourages people to celebrate nature by creating vast swathes of light pollution at night.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
brian-bollocks.gif

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_of_Brexit

Anyone else not looking forward to Boris Johnson's latest eye wateringly expensive folly?

https://unboxed2022.uk/

I recall talk of this a while back. Looks like he's resurrected and re-branded Teresa May's Brexit festival plan, calling it the meaningless, UNBOXED Festival. . :facepalm:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/festival-of-brexit-rebrands-as-unboxed-and-details-2022-event-3076025

The celebration of British Weather located on a disused off-shore North Sea oil platform sounds like it could be an uhm, uhm, an...what does it sound like?

But best of all looks like the Green Space Dark Skies. This remarkable attraction encourages people to celebrate nature by creating vast swathes of light pollution at night.

Never resurrected, just rebranded. This 'festival' has been a mess behind the scenes too, my wife works on this kind of thing and interviewed for a couple of positions but actually ended up being pre-interviewed by the PA to someone rather than anyone in any real authority. Who ended up asking all sorts of questions that are clear from her CV and cover letter They struggled to be organised and failed to get the people who are used to organising this sort of thing. For example people who have worked on various cities of culture. Basically it has all been a classic tory **** up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Never resurrected, just rebranded. This 'festival' has been a mess behind the scenes too, my wife works on this kind of thing and interviewed for a couple of positions but actually ended up being pre-interviewed by the PA to someone rather than anyone in any real authority. Who ended up asking all sorts of questions that are clear from her CV and cover letter They struggled to be organised and failed to get the people who are used to organising this sort of thing. For example people who have worked on various cities of culture. Basically it has all been a classic tory **** up.

Ha! Unsurprising. They have just been discussing it on R4's Front Row and some behind the scenes tales are like that 2012 sit-com. I hope it generates more than the £120M being spent on it so far. Doubtful.

The taxpayer needs a £120m bill like it needs a dick in the arse.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could we hang Johnson by his testicles from a zip wire? Plenty would pay to see that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Presumably we get treated to the comedy stylings of Jim Davidson followed by DJ Gove and his club bangers?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Presumably we get treated to the comedy stylings of Jim Davidson followed by DJ Gove and his club bangers?

Yep. Roy Chubby Brown will be reading palms and Priti Patel is holding a “shouting at foreigners” event.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha! Unsurprising. They have just been discussing it on R4's Front Row and some behind the scenes tales are like that 2012 sit-com. I hope it generates more than the £120M being spent on it so far. Doubtful.

The taxpayer needs a £120m bill like it needs a dick in the arse.

Who is head of deliverance? ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting is to see if anyone of note wants to be associated with it...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Come on we must give Johnson a lot of credit for this Unboxed 2022.
Yes over promising and underperforming, but this is a masterstroke, as just by announcing this event for 2022, he has given a real boost to the UK travel industry as millions will now be booking extended overseas holidays to avoid Unboxed at all costs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The oil platform thing sounds pretty nice tbf. Not sure about "celebrating British weather" but to go there on a big rave or something would be fun.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Interesting is to see if anyone of note wants to be associated with it...

This is the problem organisers have. The majority from the arts and creative industries will be of a pro European anti Brexit persuasion. Whichever way it might be rebranded, it has the stigma of the Tory Brexit Festival and few will want to be associated with it, unless they are really desperate for work. My brother who has worked in theatre production and other related roles for nearly 30 years said similar when the subject cropped up some time ago. Same as the comedy show of GB News when it first started. Few experienced production professionals in that field wanted to be associated with a UK version of Fox News, thus they ended up with amateurs and inexperienced staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here