Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Day Income

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At the request of a business contact tried yesterday to book a table for 2 in hospitality against City. No chance all sold out. With the extra seats and so many seats sold on exchange would think this game will see record receipts. Would be interesting to know the figure. My guess £1.4/5m

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We had a stadium tour a while back and we’re told that matches chosen for Sky TV get an additional £1M, which you can add onto the match day income.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We had a stadium tour a while back and we’re told that matches chosen for Sky TV get an additional £1M, which you can add onto the match day income.

I don't think it works that way in the Premier League. I believe that under the TV deal each team gets a flat fee for up to X games on TV per season, and if you go above X you get additional money per game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't think it works that way in the Premier League. I believe that under the TV deal each team gets a flat fee for up to X games on TV per season, and if you go above X you get additional money per game.

We were told that it was £1M per match (to both teams) in addition to the general PL TV deal when a game was shown on Sky Sports.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The domestic TV deal is split into various pots including a sum shared between all clubs, a merit payment based on final league position and also a pot that pays around a £1 million per game each time a club is live on TV as a facilities fee, with a approx £11-£12 million minimum if a club has less than 10 live games a season.

The non domestic TV money is split evenly between all 20 teams.

19-20 figures for prize money break down

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...wn-of-the-2019-20-premier-league-prize-money/

20-21

https://sqaf.club/premier-league-tv-money-distribution/

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In the pre-covid days I seem to remember our matchday income was about £1m a match. It was in an article/interview of some kind with Barbs where he was very happy about it as apparently it was good for a stadium our size.

(Note that is the income they make on match days, not TV money but shop sales/catering/tickets/hospitality etc)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The domestic TV deal is split into various pots including a sum shared between all clubs, a merit payment based on final league position and also a pot that pays around a £1 million per game each time a club is live on TV as a facilities fee, with a approx £11-£12 million minimum if a club has less than 10 live games a season.

The non domestic TV money is split evenly between all 20 teams.

19-20 figures for prize money break down

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...wn-of-the-2019-20-premier-league-prize-money/

20-21

https://sqaf.club/premier-league-tv-money-distribution/

Thank you many Jos

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've heard a stat that we have the 7th highest average matchday income in the league which considering our capacity is quite impressive. Our huge capacity for hospitality is a key factor in this.

Ultimately the matchday income is only a pinch of our annual income

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I've heard a stat that we have the 7th highest average matchday income in the league which considering our capacity is quite impressive. Our huge capacity for hospitality is a key factor in this.

Ultimately the matchday income is only a pinch of our annual income

If that is true that is exceptional, we are about 15th on numbers of tickets sold. I guess part of it is the lack of street vendors etc. to buy a hot dog or other such grub from on the way between train or car and the stadium.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If that is true that is exceptional, we are about 15th on numbers of tickets sold. I guess part of it is the lack of street vendors etc. to buy a hot dog or other such grub from on the way between train or car and the stadium.

It could be the price of tea?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Must help that Brighton and Sussex in general is an affluent area so people have the ££ to be able to buy posh seats and spending £5 on a beer isn't a major issue. Don't we sell something in the region of 15-20K pints every game, or am I imagining this? I certainly do my bit.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
At the request of a business contact tried yesterday to book a table for 2 in hospitality against City. No chance all sold out. With the extra seats and so many seats sold on exchange would think this game will see record receipts. Would be interesting to know the figure. My guess £1.4/5m

From not boding well 2 days ago, is it now boding well? ???

Friend I go with put his ticket on exchange on Saturday. Good seat in East Stand and it has still not sold with if anything no of tickets available going up not down. We are playing one of worlds best sides. Looks like we have reached our capacity of interest and no longer 1000s waiting in wings to see a game. Doesnt bold well for attendances in future against lesser sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here