Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moist

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Top fun!

Park football, stood around soaking wet already-
"Come on Ref, get it started "
Whistle blows, kick off, cold and wet forgotten instantly.

Those were the days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Have you noticed the reaction of the Plymouth number 10 as the goal is scored?

Odd [emoji38]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you noticed the reaction of the Plymouth number 10 as the goal is scored?

Odd [emoji38]

Right?

I was going to mention it in the opening post, but thought I'd leave it to see if anyone else picked up on it.

It's the reaction of a defender who has just seen his team concede.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Right?

I was going to mention it in the opening post, but thought I'd leave it to see if anyone else picked up on it.

I'm thinking he was pissed off because the ball stuck on the pitch and robbed him of the goal , perhaps he doesn't score many or maybe had a bet on himself to score as the last part of an accumulator .

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Right?

Maybe he had a 'Paul Merson' style bet on the result... ???

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Right?

He did join in with the celebrations in the end

[tweet]1450758106955329537[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The ref should be stood down. Shocking to let that game continue to the point they were playing in those conditions.

All really funny until someone gets their leg broken. The run / stop of the ball is totally random, making it literally impossible to safely time any tackles.

(Yes I am fun at parties)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seriously though, how does a game go ahead in those conditions?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I recall a rather moist game at Withdean when Chippy slid half the width of the pitch while making a sliding tackle :D

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
The ref should be stood down. Shocking to let that game continue to the point they were playing in those conditions.

All really funny until someone gets their leg broken. The run / stop of the ball is totally random, making it literally impossible to safely time any tackles.

(Yes I am fun at parties)

Miserable sod :rolleyes:

I guess safety is the main issue but 2-0 Plymouth at 90+4 before that goal was scored. If conditions had just got like that then fair enough - calling it off would have been harsh.

I remember a Withdean match like that - Chippy (I think but probably wasn't knowing my memory) going in with a sliding tackle that lasted about 50 yards :lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
Like a 3-0 win away to Bournemouth back in the 90's but drier!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm sure we had a game postponed at late notice at Walsall for a pitch that wasn't as bad as that... in fact, I think I was at the stadium when it was cancelled, because I definitely have the programme for the original (called off) game.

Then, when the game was played, the pitch had thousands of holes drilled into it to assist drainage. I recall FDM complaining it was unplayable during the warm up of the rearranged game.

(it is entirely possible that my brain has merged 3 or 4 different Walsall away games into one here...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here