Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA useless

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't be taken into crappy news / headline. They've been called for a hearing, given what the club have said, the arrest and presumably referee report I imagine that the charge will be dropped.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't be taken into crappy news / headline. They've been called for a hearing, given what the club have said, the arrest and presumably referee report I imagine that the charge will be dropped.

You'd hope so, wouldn't you ............. but this is the FA we're talking about!

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Yes, they’ll be fined for their fan shouting abuse and fined for walking off it’s a lose, lose situation.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

You do worry about the FA sometimes. Fined and called to the headmasters room. All this costs money for a small club. Why not just Zoom or call them by phone?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't there meant to be a protocol? I thought there was something about one or two announcements to the crowd, if it doesn't stop the ref is meant to take the players off the field for a period, if it continues when they return, then the match can be abandoned.

Doesn't there need to be one? How do you decide the match? Is it fair for a team to lose a game when they walk off in protest at racism/homophobia etc? Is it fair for a team to lose a game as punishment because their opponents took one drunken outburst as an excuse to walk off while trailing (or worse feigned hearing something)? Would you be happy if as we entered injury time v Man City 3-2 last season the game was abandoned and had to be replayed because of some idiot in the crowd (how often are we going to be in such a position to beat a team like Man City)?

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Typical BBC. Telling half truths or plain distorting facts.

They got a £15 fine which is being reviewed and could change between 0 and £125. The fine is not for walking off directly, but an 'admin fee' for walking off (wtf that is i don't know).

Fan was banned for life, but at 74 years old, might not be that long.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Is this the national FA or the Dorset FA?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Is this the national FA or the Dorset FA?

Saw this on bbc south news tonight , apparently started by Dorset FA and then referred to national FA although there was no mention of the size of fine or when it would be imposed .
At first on seeing the report i was surprised and somewhat angered that they would sanction Gillingham town even though it was one of their players who was racially abused . However on reflection i guess they are thinking that they do not really want teams to take the unilateral decision to walk off and cause a game to be abandoned because of the ramifications this could cause . For instance what if a team who were expected to win a cup game and were 2-0 down with ten minutes to go walked off citing racial abuse , now it may well be that it was genuine but what if it wasn't or was found impossible to prove ?
I hope that in this instance as Bridport have indeed banned a fan for life that they would give Gillingham a minor slap on the wrist and let them off with a warning .
But this is the FA we are talking about !

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hopefully it is an open and shut case, they have obviously caught the guy (probably quite easy then they can't have been more than a few dozen watching).

Remember, two years ago, someone from the North Stand was found guilty of shouting racial abuse at Spurs players during the 3-0 win. Should than match have been stopped and Spurs awarded the match?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here