Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man United away tickets

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’m actually up in that neck of the woods anyway that weekend. Especially now that it’s an early kick off, what are our chances of getting a couple of tickets for this game in the members priority sale? I am thinking that the kick off time and stupid o’clock departure time might put a few off, but maybe not …

There are some options to go under cover in the home end in the hospitality seats but they start at around £200pp so probably not quite that keen to go at that price!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well the two tickets I would have bought will now be available due to the change in KO time so you may well be in luck.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Really depends on whether the club take the full 3,000 allocation.
The week before Christmas combined with an early kick off may mean that they go for a lesser amount, thereby reducing your chances.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really depends on whether the club take the full 3,000 allocation.
The week before Christmas combined with an early kick off may mean that they go for a lesser amount, thereby reducing your chances.

This……..if they take the full 3k you’ll be fine I would think, but they seem to be using some kind of random number generator to decide on numbers so who knows……….

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I doubt we'll take the full allocation as the club will be aware many won't go because it's the last Saturday before xmas, early kick off and it's on tv. That said, if it's like Liverpool it will at least go down to STH.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Surely fill our 3k allocation at OT based on recent away match threads. Even I could fill up a car with irregulars and they’ve just got Amex history. Just hope club communicate allocation.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With the area given to away fans at OT being in the corner, I'm not sure that there's scope to reduce the allocation and give those tickets to home fans in the same way as somewhere like Anfield or the Amex where they can move segregation across the columns of seats as required. And I reckon we'll easily fill 3K anyway.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
At least two of the Premier League games at OT went down as far as Members. The FA Cup game was open season - but that was due to another awful kick-off time.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Given the club has taken reduced allocations twice so far this season I bet they do the same with this one with no explanation. Joke

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Old Trafford always seems to be a popular one, so I'd reckon it would sell out at the all-STH level.

Maybe if you haven't been before. Old Trafford may be an iconic stadium, but the away fan experience isn't great, especially the bit, where they turn the P.A on really loud aimed at the away end, to try and drown out the singing pre-match. Whenever I look down the fixtures, I never spend too long thinking about Man Utd or Everton Away.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I won't be going there again

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe if you haven't been before. Old Trafford may be an iconic stadium, but the away fan experience isn't great, especially the bit, where they turn the P.A on really loud aimed at the away end, to try and drown out the singing pre-match. Whenever I look down the fixtures, I never spend too long thinking about Man Utd or Everton Away.

Dated ground, cramped stands, small concourse, awful traffic in and out and the atmosphere isn’t all that either. Me neither.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm out. 12:30 KO means leaving home about 5:30am, and that's not going to happen.
But as mentioned, early KO and on TV means the club will only take 1500 tickets and thus still blocking those without history getting to a game.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
One of the worst and over rated grounds ever.
Miles from town and the away end has tiny little concourses.
This and Everton are bottom of the pile IMHO

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

I’ve only been there as a neutral before, or to see England when Wembley was being re-built. I had decent seats then to be fair, in terms of the view, but it helps in terms of comfort if your legs are on the short side of short. Those seats are not actually designed to be sat in for any length of time!

Plenty of grounds built since then make Old Trafford look scruffy and dated.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One of the worst and over rated grounds ever.
Miles from town and the away end has tiny little concourses.
This and Everton are bottom of the pile IMHO

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Have to agree, although I will be going as this is probably our best chance of getting something there.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I treat grounds/locations like OT and Goodison Park more for nostalgia than comfort. OT has always had a railway line one side and a canal the other side so expansion squeezed upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here