Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ath. Madrid v Liverpool CL

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Made me gag last year when they went on that 'losing streak', losing to Burnley, us etc... There were a few callers onto 606 asking for Klopps head saying he's his had peak and now needs to be replaced. Totally serious.

Nuts.

Indeed. Klopp's mum died of Covid in January and Liverpool's results immediately preceding that event and in the few weeks thereafter were awful.

If you disregard that 2 month period then the only league match Liverpool have lost this season and all of last was the freak Aston Villa hammering. His team are a joy to watch and I would love them to thrash Olly's United on the weekend.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. Klopp's mum died of Covid in January and Liverpool's results immediately preceding that event and in the few weeks thereafter were awful.

If you disregard that 2 month period then the only league match Liverpool have lost this season and all of last was the freak Aston Villa hammering. His team are a joy to watch and I would love them to thrash Olly's United on the weekend.

Different characters, but Potter and Klopp have some traits in common imho. Both are excellent man managers, players invariably improve under them, smiles on faces, no backstabbing of a fall-guy through the media, the loyalty cuts both ways, a positive environment. Always get the impression that Dunk et al love playing for Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here