Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pep G and Graham Potter meet again

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry..it’s one I’ve been thinking about for a while.. I’m not really a thread starter

Yes I think he does

Slightly Off topic ..but happy memories of the night

https://vimeo.com/552166580

Loved it - definitely a lot of our hardcore fans there that night - was it 8k or 10k? Heard some chump on the phone in on bbc sussex saying he wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get a ticket and they were like gold dust - utter lie, I remember them reaching general sale and being easily available.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Complete free hit - the fact we’ve beaten them once is enough for me. Always expect to lose by 3, 4 or 5 - any sort of game or us being in the game for a long period is a complete bonus.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Loved it - definitely a lot of our hardcore fans there that night - was it 8k or 10k? Heard some chump on the phone in on bbc sussex saying he wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get a ticket and they were like gold dust - utter lie, I remember them reaching general sale and being easily available.

I was front row right behind that goal, fabulous night!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Pep is lucky it was Potter that masterminded our comeback and not Chris Hughton. Could you imagine the touch line carnage we’d have had then. You can bet that CH wouldn’t have apologised and would have told Pep if he had a problem they could discuss if in the car park after the game.

Hughton would have never been in the situation of being down 2-0 to Pep. 3-0 or 4-0 but never 2-0. :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

8k…..ye I didn’t think I had a chance of getting a ticket but found it no problem at all…..must admit to going with little hope …nearly didn’t get to see it…just about to enter the ground and got a phone call as there was a medical emergency to do with my Dad…coordinated it all from just outside the south stand and missed the first City goal …it was the last game I saw before he passed away a few weeks later, so will always stay with me, as football was a big thing between me and Dad

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
8k…..ye I didn’t think I had a chance of getting a ticket but found it no problem at all…..must admit to going with little hope …nearly didn’t get to see it…just about to enter the ground and got a phone call as there was a medical emergency to do with my Dad…coordinated it all from just outside the south stand and missed the first City goal …it was the last game I saw before he passed away a few weeks later, so will always stay with me, as football was a big thing between me and Dad

Same as mate - the big thing bit - but glad you have these memories - something we should all treasure always.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pep in sarcasm shocker

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
[tweet]1451529934724337665[/tweet]

Wow.....just wow.....

I think he means 'same' as in "they [Brighton] are in the same place as last year".
"But we're not in the same place, we're fourth!" I hear you say. Yeah, maybe he's being a bit dismissive and a bit previous, but let's face it we're all expecting our next move in the table will be down rather than up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Guardiola and Klopp are two peas out of the same pod. All grinning-hippy patronising to the little guy when they win. Give the little guy a patronising pat on the head. And should the little guy have the temerity to embarrass his galacticos? Not so much. Then they always come out SNARLING :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[tweet]1451529934724337665[/tweet]

Wow.....just wow.....

What he means is, neither team is in the position where the result won't have an impact, whereas last season we were already safe from relegation and they had already won the league, and had a CL final coming up.
That said, at this point and with the position we are in, we are in the race for the title, even if we all expect to slip out of it at some point.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think he means 'same' as in "they [Brighton] are in the same place as last year".
"But we're not in the same place, we're fourth!" I hear you say. Yeah, maybe he's being a bit dismissive and a bit previous, but let's face it we're all expecting our next move in the table will be down rather than up.

That answer was in response to the question, "have Brighton changed the way they play or improved?"

His answer wasn't dismissive of us, it was in keeping with the rest of the press conference in which he was generally curt and dismissive of the journalists and their daft questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here