Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you voted Brexit... you are now reaping what you sow.
    Do you understand what is happening?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

bring on the trumpets.... upthealbion1970's Avatar

We just can't get the parts

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      Just smashed the shell on my electric wing mirror unit. The electrics all fine and everything works, but fearing a big one. Henfield is handy. Can you PM his details if you think it's his kind of thing.
      Pm me your reg I might be able to source one
      you are under arrest for killing the quattro
      Mon nez est back in SW6.. Knocky's Nose's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I was in the motor trade for 15 years and Renaults were utter garbage when it came to electrics, interiors and general longevity. These days, they're half decent. I'd have a VW all day over a Renault, as per your thoughts - but Renault are really stepping up their game.

If you're getting a wobble from the front wheel(s) and it's only under acceleration, and it's front end related I can only imagine a driveshaft? That's not good.

Curveball though - have you had the balancing on the front wheels checked? A cheap and/or badly balanced tyre (or a well balanced tyre with a weight thrown off) or a buckled wheel can cause a real wobble through the steering at varying speed ranges.
      Ce Qui Donne?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      With hindsight, it might have been best to buy a British car. There’s so much to choose from ! I would imagine that there are still some minor Brexit related teething problems, but I’m optimistic that they’ll be history within a decade. Our great illustrious leader will navigate us through these turbulent times.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      One of these went past me (opposite direction) on the Steyning road yesterday and I couldn't help but wonder

Attachment 141406

It wasn't you, was it ?
      What a beautiful car that was/ is.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Indeed. Apart from the obvious (of course I didn't vote for Brexit) if I thought this was due to Brexit I wouldn't have bothered to start the thread. FFS.

It would have been nice for the Renault people to have told me that supply chains are buggered, probably due to Covid, and that Renault are prioritising new builds rather than repairs, rather than tell me nothing, claim it was a mystery and, when I first rang them today tell me they would ring me back and then not do so.

I like to know what's going on and find it baffling that others don't care, or simply blame stuff on random things, or tell lies
      It's the same with bikes (and I'm sure many other things). For starters it's been very difficult during the pandemic to find a decent supply of decent bikes ... the Giant store near me had next to nothing for ages!

I recently had my mountain bike serviced by a local independent chap and need a new gear shifter - but the Shimano part wasn't available due to a shortage of supply from Malaysia/Singapore, where they had closed down for a long time due to Covid. The chap was well informed and was able to explain the situation to me, which was good. So I went onto his ever increasing list of people awaiting parts for various repairs etc!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Binney on acid View Post
      With hindsight, it might have been best to buy a British car. There’s so much to choose from ! I would imagine that there are still some minor Brexit related teething problems, but I’m optimistic that they’ll be history within a decade. Our great illustrious leader will navigate us through these turbulent times.
      Just got rid of my Wolverhampton Jag, something to do with two head gasgits, and a cracked block? Now got a Citroen, so far so good!
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Originunknown View Post
      Renault!? Well there's your first mistake
      Yeah, I was thinking I've never had this problem, then I realised I've had a Toyota for 15 years.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
      The country is in a mess.... you keep living in your 'we are better off now' world.
      OK - I'll lay it out for you as nobody else has :

1. Anything with a microchip is in shortage WORLDWIDE. Partly because manufacturing was cut back during Covid and partly because one of the main manufacturers had a massive fire that destroyed one of their main plants.

2. Manufacturing of non-microchip parts stopped due to Covid and despite the UK being back to close to 'normal' many parts of the world aren't - especially those areas that produce the said parts.

3. There are some major shipping issues at the moment - WORLDWIDE.

4. The port of Felixstow is completely blocked due to the shortage of HGV drivers ( Britain's main import port ). I'll give that in part this is down to Brexit but that is a small percentage of the problem and France, Italy and Germany also have similar problems - yet they are still in the EU.

So Brexit is a very minor contributor to the problem.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I see. Many thanks for that. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed the wheel doesn't fall off in the meantime. When I asked the garage if the car was safe to drive the bloke (I suspect the front desk people don't know much, to be fair) said he didn't know
      Just be careful it doesn’t invalidate your insurance!
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado