Votes: 99 88.4%
  • Yellow card

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Nothing - it's a man's game after all

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s a red. 100%. Nothing to do with it being Palace. You simply cannot just kick someone like that. It’s ludicrous.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reckless.

I'd give it a yellow just like I'd give Bissouma a yellow rather than a red when he kicked the shit out of some bloke last season.

I imagine the rule book says red however, but I dont really like the idea of giving red cards when its not on purpose. Which was the case both with Bissouma and here (McArthur is obviously following the ball and going for a shot).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Reckless.

I'd give it a yellow just like I'd give Bissouma a yellow rather than a red when he kicked the shit out of some bloke last season.

I imagine the rule book says red however, but I dont really like the idea of giving red cards when its not on purpose. Which was the case both with Bissouma and here (McArthur is obviously following the ball and going for a shot).

He wasn’t following the ball very closely!

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Reckless.

What this weirdo said.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nasty, vicious, deliberate. Either that, or he is blind. Disgusting.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Reckless.

We know you have a history for not liking rules and regulations, fortunately football has a set of laws that are quite easy to follow, although in the last few years it seems all efforts have been made to make it look the opposite.

Anyway, the laws say the following:-

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I think that quite clearly covers that challenge!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We know you have a history for not liking rules and regulations, fortunately football has a set of laws that are quite easy to follow, although in the last few years it seems all efforts have been made to make it look the opposite.

Anyway, the laws say the following:-

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I think that quite clearly covers that challenge!

As I said, rule book might say red. I say yellow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hate them at McArthur - shite player - would never have had a pop at Sanchez anywhere else ie the street after they let it bounce :dunky: - His reaction to that was to moan it was even a FOUL - yes MOANED IT WAS EVEN A FOUL!

Also worth noting it injured Saka and forced him off for half the game - arguably Arsenals best player.
Same out Palace (2010 version) - always cheating.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But. If he's not on the pitch, he doesn't stand on the line and play lacazette onside for the late equaliser.

(yes, I know there's also the argument palace don't score, let alone take the lead if they're down to 10 men for half a game, but it's still worth pointing out he played a part in allowing that goal).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here