Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] How would you make £50k from £1k

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I need £50,000.
I can afford to lose £1000 to try and get it.
If you were in my position what would be your preferred method, gambling, investment or other.
I have time but would like it ( if successful) ASAP
If gambling on a horse at long odds would you go all in or over various races at shorter odds.
This is a serious question I'm genuinely interested to give me ideas, I am not a serious gambling person, but dabble from time to time.
Lottery and premium bonds are not the answer.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think we'd all like to know the answer to that one.

The only realistic answer I can think of, but it's a long shot; is to spread it about over a few newer cryptos and hope that at least one of them skyrockets in the short term. And then withdraw.
Total gamble though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sadly true. Selling a drug you are not addicted to yourself is one of the easiest way of making quick money.

I dont recommend it however.

If I had £1000k to invest in something I would diversify my investment maybe into building one or two affliate sites and start dropshipping (which is kind of for "free" but useless if you dont spend a little bit marketing).

Another good option right now might be to see what people usually buy from China and try to find another cheap market that sells the same thing as China are struggling to meet demands on a lot of shit. But obviously you are not going to go from £1000 to £50000 in one order.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I need £50,000.
I can afford to lose £1000 to try and get it.
If you were in my position what would be your preferred method, gambling, investment or other.
I have time but would like it ( if successful) ASAP
If gambling on a horse at long odds would you go all in or over various races at shorter odds.
This is a serious question I'm genuinely interested to give me ideas, I am not a serious gambling person, but dabble from time to time.
Lottery and premium bonds are not the answer.

Sell Yer body 😜

If you are aged 20 to 35 try selling yer arse on line.

If you are 35 plus I am afraid you will have to sell a kidney.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There isn't really an easy way to do it. Legal or illegal. Otherwise everyone would do it. Drug dealing might seem easy but it isn't. You can get way in over your head very quickly, you can make a lot of enemies very quickly and it's not really a thing you can just leave when you feel like it.

Gambling isn't advisable.

I have never done either and know nothing about gambling, it's all dutch to me. Personally, I'd rather be a man with 1k in the bank than risk it by chasing the big payday.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There isn't really an easy way to do it. Legal or illegal. Otherwise everyone would do it. Drug dealing might seem easy but it isn't. You can get way in over your head very quickly, you can make a lot of enemies very quickly and it's not really a thing you can just leave when you feel like it.

Gambling isn't advisable.

I have never done either and know nothing about gambling, it's all dutch to me. Personally, I'd rather be a man with 1k in the bank than risk it by chasing the big payday.

I'm not a gambler but I am prepared to lose £1k to try and get £50k, that is why I am hoping for advice.
Seriously thinking about studying the racing press and going all in at 50/1.
Probably wait until the flat starts as those pesky fences get in the way.
Anyway I have some time to wait until I find something that gives me the best chance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
On a serious note.

Buy £1000 worth of Premium Bonds and hope you maybe win a £50k draw. Then you won't even lose your £1k stake

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Hugh Taylor puts up at least one tip a day on at the races website. He is very good and I believe he has made a profit season after season. The other day he tipped a 40-1 shot that won. Obviously he has days when his tip finishes last but I reckon overall over the years I have made a profit from his tips.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Offer transport for the Brentford Boxing Day game, a rickshaw or two going back and forth from the Steine should do it,

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Think! Think! Think!

As always - there's an original idea out there that is so great that when part of everyday life and so obvious - people wonder how on earth they hadn't thought of it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here