Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] anyone up for an OFFICIAL fan boycot of the Brentford boxing day game ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brighton had an early evening kick off on Boxing Day only three years ago. The ground was full , some trains ran, plenty of coaches and park and rides were in existence to ferry people there probably with greater ease than on Saturday afternoons. . Even Jurgen locadia scored so miracles do happen.
The idea that this is a shocking novelty - it’s not. Sky (and now BT and Amazon) have been scheduling Christmas football for decades. It’s good for their ratings to have multiple evening matches. Bigger audiences.
Even Brighton /Brentford .
The club agree to it, both Brentford and Brighton will work with the police and transport providers to get everyone there and back - including trains - and it will not be , by any stretch , the lowest attendance ever.

I agree with this. People are over-exaggerating the difficulty of getting there. There are four or five park and rides, about 70 supporters' coaches, a near-empty uni car park, buses will be running (even if the trains don't) and anyone able-bodied living within two or three miles could walk it with ease (that pretty much covers the whole of Brighton). It won't be anywhere near a sell-out but I reckon there'll be about 23 to 25k there.

I love Boxing Day fixtures, it's a great opportunity to get out after a couple of days sat on the sofa, pigging out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am NOT boycotting attending the AmEx to, you know, support my team. Pathetic protest suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Fine with this, we don't have young children and very local but appreciate this causes issues for others.

Preference would have been late afternoon kick off but this is better than mid-day in my book.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brighton had an early evening kick off on Boxing Day only three years ago. The ground was full , some trains ran, plenty of coaches and park and rides were in existence to ferry people there probably with greater ease than on Saturday afternoons. . Even Jurgen locadia scored so miracles do happen.
The idea that this is a shocking novelty - it’s not. Sky (and now BT and Amazon) have been scheduling Christmas football for decades. It’s good for their ratings to have multiple evening matches. Bigger audiences.
The club agree to it, both Brentford and Brighton will work with the police and transport providers to get everyone there and back - including trains - and it will not be , by any stretch , the lowest attendance ever.

Well that's ok then. Lucky old away fans, leaving the family on Boxing Day late afternoon and hoping that "Pingdemic Southern" will still be running main line trains at 11pm when it's a Bank Holiday the day after, there's a reduced staffing level anyway, the football's on and it's Christmas. Still, they can always get home at some time around midnight after a dry day on the official coach or drive for two hours each way, returning home at a similar hour.

And that's fairly much what any Brighton fan who can't hop on a bus or walk a couple of miles will be facing. We have people on this board who go regularly from Swindon, Ruislip, Norfolk and all over.

Still, it's all ok because we get paid an obscene amount of money for it and all we have to do is tolerate this sort of stuff and hold our noses when our opponents get bought up by murderous nation states.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Sorry to correct you but there are no trains this boxing day

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sadly, and quite rightly, I think my family will want me to be with them. And, I will want to be with them too.

Boxing Day games should be at 3pm so that we’re home in time for more Sherry, leftovers and games.

My ticket will be on the exchange I imagine.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well that's ok then. Lucky old away fans, leaving the family on Boxing Day late afternoon and hoping that "Pingdemic Southern" will still be running main line trains at 11pm when it's a Bank Holiday the day after, there's a reduced staffing level anyway, the football's on and it's Christmas. Still, they can always get home at some time around midnight after a dry day on the official coach or drive for two hours each way, returning home at a similar hour.

And that's fairly much what any Brighton fan who can't hop on a bus or walk a couple of miles will be facing. We have people on this board who go regularly from Swindon, Ruislip, Norfolk and all over.

Still, it's all ok because we get paid an obscene amount of money for it and all we have to do is tolerate this sort of stuff and hold our noses when our opponents get bought up by murderous nation states.

Brighton have regularly had evening games for decades, been in the PL for 5 years, and played in the evening on Boxing Day only a few years ago. So why now ?
Not saying it’s ok either - just reminding this nsc thread of others freely posting adamant predictions of no trains or transport whatsoever that that’s not the case.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I’m guessing you gave home games day and night at Gillingham a swerve during the Gory years too. 28000 of fhe current crowds did as well in fairness.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We are in the Prem. Accept it and support the Albion (how do you think we have bought the players we have bought?) or support a team lower down the pyramid. I will carry on supporting my team. Thank you.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Will be opting out as soon as It allows me, pathetic time for a game on Boxing Day and hardly prime time viewing for the neutral.

I would quite happily donate my pair of tickets to Albion in Community if there was an option for this to give someone less fortunate the chance of something at Xmas

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I agree with this. People are over-exaggerating the difficulty of getting there. There are four or five park and rides, about 70 supporters' coaches, a near-empty uni car park, buses will be running (even if the trains don't) and anyone able-bodied living within two or three miles could walk it with ease (that pretty much covers the whole of Brighton). It won't be anywhere near a sell-out but I reckon there'll be about 23 to 25k there.

I love Boxing Day fixtures, it's a great opportunity to get out after a couple of days sat on the sofa, pigging out.

An opinion by another fan that lives several minutes walk from the Amex…..well done :moo:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Will be opting out as soon as It allows me, pathetic time for a game on Boxing Day and hardly prime time viewing for the neutral.

I would quite happily donate my pair of tickets to Albion in Community if there was an option for this to give someone less fortunate the chance of something at Xmas

That’s a great idea. Suggest it to the club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

It really is prime time for the neutral of which there are millions who watch *any* live PL football especially at Christmas (although granted it’s hardly Liverpool / Man Utd)

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The more I think about the kick off time the more I like it.

1. Slap up pub meal & nerve settlers at 6pm before the game.
2. Watch and follow the days other games before travel.
3. Bank holiday next day, so doesn’t matter what time you get back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here