Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] anyone up for an OFFICIAL fan boycot of the Brentford boxing day game ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The pathetic thing is, what kind of saddo neutral is even going to bother tuning in to Brighton v Brentford on Boxing Day evening ? The viewing figures will be DISMAL - nobody outside of BHA and Hounslow will bother with it.

BBC have The Great Sewing Bee Celebrity Christmas Special, then Dunkirk
ITV has The Masked Singer
C4 has that annual Quiz thing

Even Crodo can't pour glitter on that steaming turd, but it'll STILL command the living rooms of the nation ahead of a midtable PL scuffle between two teams nobody else gives a shit about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The pathetic thing is, what kind of saddo neutral is even going to bother tuning in to Brighton v Brentford on Boxing Day evening ? The viewing figures will be DISMAL - nobody outside of BHA and Hounslow will bother with it.

BBC have The Great Sewing Bee Celebrity Christmas Special, then Dunkirk
ITV has The Masked Singer
C4 has that annual Quiz thing

Even Crodo can't pour glitter on that steaming turd, but it'll STILL command the living rooms of the nation ahead of a midtable PL scuffle between two teams nobody else gives a shit about.

Any football fan is likely to find this game about 50 times more attractive than the alternatives you have just reeled off, even my wife who is not that into football would be up for watching the Albion if those are the alternatives.

I’ll be there! No fecking way will I be joining in a boycott.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Depends were we are in the table. :jester:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
8pm Boxing Day I will be off my tits by that time. For that reason “I’m out”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any football fan is likely to find this game about 50 times more attractive than the alternatives you have just reeled off, even my wife who is not that into football would be up for watching the Albion if those are the alternatives.

Fair play if you can get that game on in your living room that night then. I know for a fact I'd have no chance, even if we didn't have visitors (albeit we most CERTAINLY wouldn't be watching the pitifiul offerings on TV that night either). Nope, this'll be recorded, and I'll probably fall asleep in front of it in a drunken haze later on.

The prospect of battling my arse to the Amex and back on Boxing Day night holds all the appeal of stapling my bollocks to Diane Abbott's bottom lip.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Ok, I'm in. I'll stay at home.

However I might please the broadcoaster through watching it on TV.

good point :D but surely the broadcaster doesnt want its 'product' to look unappealing with half empty stadiums and no atmosphere

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
in a round about way, I'm hoping that the club wouldnt like it so they would in turn apply a bit more resistance/presuure on broadcasters to not pi$$ about with the kick off times so much and it then might, eventually help

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I was planning making the trip to that match for one of my two matches of the season. Won’t be doing so now because I would not get back to Warwick until about 1.30 am. Even wirh the cricket to listen to I can’t face that after Christmas Day wirh family.

Not a boycott though. We take the money from tv companies so sadly that is tough for all of us.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i dont think a boycott will be needed. Just the simple crap bus and train service will ensure a huge number of empty seats, add in to that a large number of people will have commitments with family will result more empty seats.

This could well be our lowest actual attendance of this or any other season in the Prem, although the pretendance will be fine as there is no way the ticket exchange will be opening to sell seats

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No trains running on Boxing Day, and it's on the telly, I don't think you would have to call a boycott to see the seasons largest pretendance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, me too……

No boycott for me.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Fair play if you can get that game on in your living room that night then. I know for a fact I'd have no chance, even if we didn't have visitors (albeit we most CERTAINLY wouldn't be watching the pitifiul offerings on TV that night either). Nope, this'll be recorded, and I'll probably fall asleep in front of it in a drunken haze later on.

The prospect of battling my arse to the Amex and back on Boxing Day night holds all the appeal of stapling my bollocks to Diane Abbott's bottom lip.[/QUOTE]

Not keen then :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here