Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
On my way to the ground - only about 30 minutes walk from my apartment. Hoping for a good performance from England, plus a win of course!

Apparently last night was chaos, with thousands of ticketless Afghanistan fans storming the ground, so expecting a tedious over-reaction this evening with long queues and extra security.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On my way to the ground - only about 30 minutes walk from my apartment. Hoping for a good performance from England, plus a win of course!

Apparently last night was chaos, with thousands of ticketless Afghanistan fans storming the ground, so expecting a tedious over-reaction this evening with long queues and extra security.

Seems like they could have let them in given the crowd numbers? or at least given away tickets locally

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Stuck at home watching the England game after I came down with something that may (but after testing almost certainly isn't) have been covid.

After the respective starts I'm not as disappointed with not being able to go to Liverpool as I might have been.

Edit: well I am quite disappointed now, but I can deal with looking a bit of a tit when it's a result of Brighton playing well.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Cricket's been promoted to the big TV and the football's now on the tablet.

Marvellous scenes (in the cricket)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Buttler's batting is as sublime as Warner's facial hair is shit.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Weren't the Aussie opening bowlers Starc and Cummins meant to rip us apart ?

Their bowling figs to date 3-0-37 -0 & 1-0-14-0 :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Magnificent.

Just one thing! Those crowd warmer uppers…some mouthy twats trying to get the crowd going….just **** off will you. We make our own noise!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Magnificent.

Just one thing! Those crowd warmer uppers…some mouthy twats trying to get the crowd going….just **** off will you. We make our own noise!

I dunno there was something amusing about them going "make some noise you Aussie fans" and there being total silence when England needed about 20 to win.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just back from the game. Absolutely destroyed them!!

f0cc128ce7f46e02c93f2a42ed895e31.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England as expected making a pigs ear of their clash against relative minnows Sri Lanka after spanking Australia.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
England as expected making a pigs ear of their clash against relative minnows Sri Lanka after spanking Australia.

That would be the former T20 world cup winners Sri Lanka, who also have a better win % in the competition than Australia (and England).

On the subject of that win over Australia though, I'll leave a link to this article here:
https://www.kingcricket.co.uk/the-r...paign=newsletter-post-title-or-king-cricket_2

Because you can never laugh too much at Australia losing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That would be the former T20 world cup winners Sri Lanka, who also have a better win % in the competition than Australia (and England).

On the subject of that win over Australia though, I'll leave a link to this article here:
https://www.kingcricket.co.uk/the-r...paign=newsletter-post-title-or-king-cricket_2

Because you can never laugh too much at Australia losing.

This Sri Lanka side are a shadow of previous outfits, they had to pre-qualify to make this stage and their recent record is absolutely woeful.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
This Sri Lanka side are a shadow of previous outfits, they had to pre-qualify to make this stage and their recent record is absolutely woeful.

You wouldn't call a crap Germany side minnows in the Football world cup though would you? Even if they did look like absolute dross.

In any case, from the brief bit of it I saw while I was eating my lunch Sri Lanka looked like having a useful bowling attack for the conditions. If Buttler or Morgan bat through I'd expect us to get a useful score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here