Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Collin Powell dies at 84.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The former US General and Secretary of State passed away this morning. R.I.P.

Complications following Covid apparantly.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See ya then, Colin
Many things you said were right
Except your own name

(A farewell haiku)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good job he was fully vaccinated :thumbsup:

The vaccine reduces risk of serious infection. It doesn't protect everyone. This is an old guy, with underlying health issues (cancer and hence immunosuppression). His risk of death if exposed to the virus would have been high.

So it would be helpful to understand what point you are trying to make here. I hope this isn't an anti-vaxxer post. ???

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Good job he was fully vaccinated :thumbsup:

He had Multiple Myeloma, like me, a cancer which suppresses the immune system and makes vaccinations less effective and the risk of death from contracting Covid much higher. We are very dependant on other people having vaccinations and taking some minimal safety measures.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately (for the human race) politicians don't talk like this anymore:-

[tweet]1450070514509041665[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He had Multiple Myeloma, like me, a cancer which suppresses the immune system and makes vaccinations less effective and the risk of death from contracting Covid much higher. We are very dependant on other people having vaccinations and taking some minimal safety measures.

And equally dependant on there being no crass stupidity from people who clearly no nothing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And equally dependant on there being no crass stupidity from people who clearly no nothing.

And I'm still waiting for a reply to my question, [MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Not being trite, but good luck with that one.

We have 50,000 cases a day, 2 jumbo jet crashes death toll every week and more people having to be admitted as the first vaccine starts to wear off any boosters not yet available.

Yet, going on outside, hardly anyone wears masks, social distances and washes hands ( check this out next time you have a wee at the amex). To most people they don’t give a **** and think it’s is all over ( or didn’t exist anyway)

I hope you stay safe sir!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not being trite, but good luck with that one.

We have 50,000 cases a day, 2 jumbo jet crashes death toll every week and more people having to be admitted as the first vaccine starts to wear off any boosters not yet available.

Yet, going on outside, hardly anyone wears masks, social distances and washes hands ( check this out next time you have a wee at the amex). To most people they don’t give a **** and think it’s is all over ( or didn’t exist anyway)

I hope you stay safe sir!

Thanks very much.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

I live in a CEV household too, people just don’t get it. Even relatives have said, “what’s the problem, you’ve had both jabs” - you try and explain but you can see them lose interest, just like large swathes of the general public have.

Good luck and stay safe...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So, let's hear how the most recent Republican president reacted to the death of a prominent Republican party figure;

[tweet]1450459209070415882[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here