Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And Now The Reality Check

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
You didn't at all, but 4 and a bit seasons in and that's the sum total of the thrashings we've had ... and the Bournemouth one.

Averaging about one thrashing per season and not had one really since GP took over.

Utterly remarkable, more so when you look at comparable clubs to us (snigger) like possibly Southampton.

Incredible consistency and a testament to the likes of Dunky and Duffy for the quality defending, but also ball keepers like Solly and Pascal in the midfield who have been brilliant for the whole PL period

And the 5-0 v city at home, under Potter.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You didn't at all, but 4 and a bit seasons in and that's the sum total of the thrashings we've had ... and the Bournemouth one.

Averaging about one thrashing per season and not had one really since GP took over.

Utterly remarkable, more so when you look at comparable clubs to us (snigger) like possibly Southampton.

Incredible consistency and a testament to the likes of Dunky and Duffy for the quality defending, but also ball keepers like Solly and Pascal in the midfield who have been brilliant for the whole PL period

Agreed. I'm not sure it is fully appreciated in the media, but it's true - we tend not to get thrashed these days.

Warren Aspinall on several occasions has said much the same thing - we are hard to beat.

It was that dance legend Alan Pardew (yes, I know), who once commented that it isn't difficult to defend well in the PL; the difficult part is to score goals. That's where we are, and is the difference between us and the real title contenders.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Did I imagine the 5-1 and 4-0 against Liverpool and the 4-0 against Chelsea? And that's not to mention the 3-0 against Leicester last year where we looked we'd never played together before

The fact you can namecheck them rather proves the point though, there are some teams in this division (some of whom have been in it longer than us) who regularly get tonked 5-0 multiples times per season, season-on-season. Something we've never really seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here